Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unsure of where to post this so I will try here and if it is wrong will a mod please move it.

Buddy of mine was thinking of getting a can for his glock was a good idea but doesn't know what all is involved parts wise,where to get the can from and the tax stamp procedure.We live in ohio so I dont know if that helps or not.
He is getting a glock in 45acp soon,I am unsure if he knows what model he will get or not.

So if you can please help out it will be greatly appreciated thankyou.

·
Registered
8,078 Posts
First you need a threaded barrel. The easiest and cheapest route is to get a drop in Glock barrel from www.lonewolfdist.com . Barsto, Storm Lake, EFK, etc also make barrels but they are more expensive and usually there's a waiting list.

In order to get a can, you'll need to find a Class 3 dealer near you to do the transfer if he doesn't stock what you want. The dealer will help you fill out the paperwork that is necessary. You'll need to decide whether you will go the individual or trust route. You can get a little more info on trusts in the Free Fire section of GT. An individual will need to get the signature of your local chief of police or sheriff on the application.

You can get more info about specific cans in the Free Fire Zone, www.silencertalk.com , or www.silencerresearch.com .

·
Registered
88 Posts
First you need a threaded barrel. The easiest and cheapest route is to get a drop in Glock barrel from www.lonewolfdist.com . Barsto, Storm Lake, EFK, etc also make barrels but they are more expensive and usually there's a waiting list.

In order to get a can, you'll need to find a Class 3 dealer near you to do the transfer if he doesn't stock what you want. The dealer will help you fill out the paperwork that is necessary. You'll need to decide whether you will go the individual or trust route. You can get a little more info on trusts in the Free Fire section of GT. An individual will need to get the signature of your local chief of police or sheriff on the application.

You can get more info about specific cans in the Free Fire Zone, www.silencertalk.com , or www.silencerresearch.com .

or a family trust and bypass the LEO process. My friend has a G-19 with a can on it....very fun to shoot, however we had to break-in the barrel. After about 300 ounds all is good.:whistling:

·
Registered
88 Posts
we were worried, because of the floating barrel as I call it, vs. the weight of the can? but with a little break in, it's all good.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is the family trust you are talking about?
What mfg are good and what are avg prices on cans?Where can I look up info for dist to order one?
Are they all big?I seen some youtube vids and the cans were long and were fat.It looked like you couldn't see the sights with the can on there

·
Registered
88 Posts
send me a PM, and I'll send you the link, and I do know people who have done this, and yes it works.......anything to bypass the local sherriff...

I have been stalling, due to the cost to the ATF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts