close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Cannon Gun Safe SALE!!!

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by bulldog18, Sep 9, 2006.

1. bulldog18

bulldog18

I just wanted to inform the people who read this, that "Costco" is having an AWESOME deal on a "Cannon" Gun Safe.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11162363&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1

30 Cubic Feet Executive Fire & Burglary Vault
    By Cannon Safe
    Holds up to 32 firearms
    Weight: 600 lbs
    $899.99
    Item # 128013
    Price Includes Shipping & Handling!!

I've shopped around and "Cannon" ( http://www.cannonsafe.com ) is the best company around. They also have a rating of "AAA" with the Better Business Bureau ( bbb.org ).

So far, 18 officers from my department placed an order. Sale ends Oct 1st.

I called "Cannon" and asked them about the "Warranty" that "Costco" posted in their ad. IT IS WRONG!! This safe (as with all "Cannon" safes) ALSO INCLUDES FLOODS!!
    Go to www.cannonsafe.com and read their "Warranty". See for yourself, how "they" deal with customer service/products at www.bbb.org

Stay safe

2. Rebel_James

Rebel_James

Cannon has the BEST warranty in the safe business! That's where the big difference is is in the warranty! If the safe has to be returned to the factory for work, Cannon pays the shipping to them and back to you.

[​IMG]

3. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:shocked: That is a VERY good deal on an excellent safe. NOW would be the time to buy! (Unfortunately I already got mine; but, seeing this makes me wish I'd waited.)

4. joshoowa

joshoowa

how much is it originally?

5. Ron3

Ron3

I'm interested in a bigger safe, is this one any good?

Ron3

6. bulldog18

bulldog18

Ron3,

This is a huge safe!! 30 Cubic Feet!! If you want a larger safe I would either contact "Cannon" and tell them what you need/want or buy 2 of these safes.

joshoowa,
    Click on the "links" in my post for all the info.

7. Ron3

Ron3

I just meant bigger than the one I've got! This one sounds pretty big. Not sure about electronic locks though. I guess I'd just have to keep up with batter changes.

What kind of batteries do they use?

Ron3

8. bulldog18

bulldog18

Ron3

Do a "Google Search" and you'll see why "Electronic Locks" are the only way to go.

The Type 1 electronic lock uses the same technology found on ATM machines and provides more protection against manipulation than any mechanical lock on the market.

Plus at night you can open your safe much faster, no need to turn on the light, get "night blindness", and give your position away. Uses 1 9-volt battery.

9. Ron3

Ron3

After spending a combined hour (three different calls, three consecutive days) trying to reach a person with a shipping question I've decided not to buy this safe from Cosco.com.

I get the impression their customer service sucks.

Ron3

10. bulldog18

bulldog18

Humm that's funny. All we did was place our order(s) online. A few days later, "Cannon" calls us to confirm our order(s) and gives us a date/time of shipment arrivel.

No problems so far with any of our orders. My safe isn't here yet, I'll let you know when I get it. The officers who received their safe(s) love them.

11. Ron3

Ron3

I can't just place the order because they will drop the safe literally at the curb. I'm not sure how to get it inside! I've called around but no-one has a dolly that will handle it, and even with help it would be dangerous. Heck what if it falls over, now what?

So I've been trying to find out if I can get it delivered inside my home or at least to a Cosco warehouse, where I could hire a local safe company to deliver it to me. Neither Costco nor Costo.com (turns out they don't have much to do with eachother) can give me an answer.

If I could solve this problem I'd buy one.

Ron3

12. bulldog18

bulldog18

Ron3,

I would go to your local Costco and tell them that you want to place an online order for Item # 128013 but need "White Glove Service". They should give you a "shipping service" form to fill out.

Costco is based here in Washington State. Their head office is 30min from my house. Maybe that's why "Customer Service" is better over here.

Anyways, if that fails you might want to contact "Cannon Safe" and tell them that you want to order the 30 Cubic Feet Executive Safe Model # "EV700" from Costco but you need "White Glove Service.
    Ask them if they can help you out.

These safes are shipped from the "Cannon" factory which is located in CA. "Cannon" has a "AAA" rating with the Better Business Bureau. I'm sure they can help you or at least point you in the right direction.

As a last resort, I can pass your info and have someone at the Costco head office contact you and see about "white glove service" in your area.

I've seen these safes first hand. They are rock solid and well built. "Cannon" Safes are the best safe money can buy. This is one heck of a deal. I'd hate for you to miss out on this.

Last weekend, It took 1 dolly and 8 officers to move this "hog"...plus some beer and a BBQ :) and yes, we were all off duty.

I'm sure when my "hog" comes, it will be my turn to have a BBQ.

**Keep in mind this "hog" is 600lbs...with 8 people that's 75lbs per person. If you don't have a dolly, you can rent them. When you move this safe ****REMEMBER IT IS TOP HEAVY****

13. Ron3

Ron3

Thanks for replying.

I really am not willing to move the safe at all. But I am willing to pay extra to have it put into my home.

I will call cannon and perhaps Costco corporate.

Ron3

14. bulldog18

bulldog18

Ron3,

Keep me posted ok.

15. Ron3

Ron3

16. bulldog18

bulldog18

Did you contact "Costco" or "Cannon"? If so, what did they say?

17. Ron3

Ron3

Haven't called yet!

18. bulldog18

bulldog18

I got a phone call today from the freight company and my "safe" will be at my house on Sept 26th between 10am-2pm. I guess I have to call in "sick" cough...cough

Actually that's my day off, so it works out fine :)

19. 98_1LE

98_1LE

Wow, I wish I had seen this earlier. I already ordered a 17' safe from Sears for a little less (~$895 with tax and delivery). Of course that safe would not fit in the closet I want to put it in, but if it would fit in the office....

20. bulldog18

bulldog18

98_1LE,

I guess you could always cancel your order. By far, "Cannon" has the best "Warranty", the best customer service and they have the highest rating with the Better Business Bureau, http://www.bbb.org
    I wouldn't buy anything else.

Granted this safe is not made by "Cannon"... but it is a 17' gun safe for only $599.99 Shipping & Handling INCLUDED!!

Curbside Centurion 17 CuFt Vault
    Weight 400lbs
    $200 Off Reflected in Price
    By Liberty Safe

$599.99
    Item # 988049
    Model CN17-GT

FYI, you can also pay $100.00 more and have "them" put the safe inside your house from you.