GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
I've tried CBD cream on my knees (knees were replaced two years ago). I did feel something, but didn't seem to help with the soreness. On looking carefully at the label, along with CBD it had some menthol type stuff also - I think that is what I was actually feeling.

A friend of mine recently asked me if I have tried CBD pills... no, I haven't. He actually uses them, says it has seemed to help with aches and pains of growing older. With my knees, I am at the point of trying anything, so I might give the pills a try. (Oxy actually works well, but these days it is almost impossible to get a prescription for it)

As other posts have said, everyone seems to have a different reaction as to whether or not CBD helps, and also what it helps with.

It definitely comes across as Snake Oil with all the claims I have seen about it!!

I tell people who ask to try to get a "sample size" of CBD (in whatever form) to try before spending the money for it.

May do something, may not.

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Back in the late 70s and early 80s, my grandma made an liniment with a 1kg of marijuana..
Wow, I wasn't aware that any state had legalized medicinal marijuana way back in the 70s...oh wait...never mind.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Tried it for knee pain for a month- Did't work
Tried it for insomnia for a month- Didn't work

2 different "Highly rated" brands over separate periods of time. I've wasted over $100 on this garbage. Snake Oil IMO.

·
Banned
2,568 Posts
Tried it for knee pain for a month- Did't work
Tried it for insomnia for a month- Didn't work

2 different "Highly rated" brands over separate periods of time. I've wasted over $100 on this garbage. Snake Oil IMO.
As a pain reliever the evidence is sketchy..

As an antiseizure/antianxiety the evidence fairly good.

If your insomnia was anxiety related you might need to take more...

As I said, most of the hippy-dippy tinctures only give you 25-50mg...

As FDA approved anti-epileptic the dosage is generally 10 times that or more...

·
Anti-Federalist
18,915 Posts
..the other problem with most store bought CBD's is that it doesn't allow for any THC. Most of the effective treatments do in fact have some level of THC in them.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't have any experience with them but my guess is you have to but the stuff frpm dispensaries. The stuff you get at 7-11 or Rite Aid isnt the same and probably doesnt work. Most dispensaries are regylated by the state so the product should be better.

·
Senior Moment
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Most dispensaries are regylated by the state so the product should be better.
The friend who suggested using CBD said you have to give your I.D. and be registered to buy from the weed shop north of here. Nope, ain't gonna do that. Might show up when I go to renew my carry permit.

·
Registered
26,535 Posts
Perhaps you should look at the supporting studies done for the FDA approval of epidolex...
They are out there, and I'm not your librarian
It's approved for two rare forms of epilepsy. Not for anything else.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts