Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rational
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fight is on tonight! I'm DEFINITELY watching it! The first one was a fight for the decade.

If you have an hour, that's the first fight that you can watch.

I hope GGG pulls off a win tonight. That dude is not human.

·
NRA & GOAL
3,257 Posts
boxing is still a thing? #yawnatboringsportsthatarefixed

·
Rational
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boxing is still a thing? #yawnatboringsportsthatarefixed
I suppose watching cars make left-hand turns for 4 hours is more your thing, huh?

·
Why so serious?
65,677 Posts
:laughabove:

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Rational
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the spirit of fair play, there are some brief periods where the cars are being steered forward. Although even then, their suspension setups are still pushing left.

I guess it's just a leftist sport.
Even the CRASHES are boring, lol. Spin out and skid across grass.....ooooohhhh, exciting!:rolleyes: Not.

·
Why so serious?
65,677 Posts

·
Rational
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, alright.....enough teasing NASCAR.:supergrin: Who's watching the match tonight? The first fight was absolutely epic.

·
Why so serious?
65,677 Posts
Alright, alright.....enough teasing NASCAR.:supergrin: Who's watching the match tonight? The first fight was absolutely epic.
If the wife tolerates it I'll be in.

·
Why so serious?
65,677 Posts
Triple G got robbed. Canelo is NOT the better fighter.
It was another classic slugfest, are you down for #3?

·
Rational
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was another classic slugfest, are you down for #3?

Oh definitely. But I don't think GGG's heart is gonna be in it. He's way past his prime as it is. If there is a third fight, I think Canelo takes it.

But he is NOT the better fighter.

·
Why so serious?
65,677 Posts
Oh definitely. But I don't think GGG's heart is gonna be in it. He's way past his prime as it is. If there is a third fight, I think Canelo takes it.

But he is NOT the better fighter.
I don't have a dog in the fight (for either fighter), I just like to see good fights.

As such, I'd watch #3 w/o hesitation.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I saw the fight on YouTube before it was taken off and it was horrible in my opinion. There was no intensity from either fighter. Looked like a glorified sparring session with both giving way to much respect to each other. Yea, yea I know, the HBO shills ooh and ah and pretend this is an epic fight. It was not. Golovkin looked even bigger in this fight and refused to make use of his height, strength and power. Golovkin simply fought too cautiously. Huge boxing fan back in the seventies and eighties when there was real talent. Absolutely horrible hope there isn’t a third fight.

·
Rational
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw the fight on YouTube before it was taken off and it was horrible in my opinion. There was no intensity from either fighter. Looked like a glorified sparring session with both giving way to much respect to each other. Yea, yea I know, the HBO shills ooh and ah and pretend this is an epic fight. It was not. Golovkin looked even bigger in this fight and refused to make use of his height, strength and power. Golovkin simply fought too cautiously. Huge boxing fan back in the seventies and eighties when there was real talent. Absolutely horrible hope there isn’t a third fight.
Huh....I very much disagree. I thought it was a great fight.

That being said, I never saw any of the great fights of the 80s either. Saw all the great fights of the 90s though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts