Candace Owens, wow...

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DrewBone, Jun 5, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

2. Vic777

Vic777

I would love to see her run against Schumer or Pelosi, although those crooks have bought and paid big bucks for their seats. It would be fun to see her run against AOC. I hope she gets a Senate seat somewhere ... or maybe Governor. Eventually POTUS? Will she ever be allowed on Twitter? After Trump retires he should start a new Network and Twitter competition.

3. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

I'll bet it has crossed his mind a time or two. And yes, we all need to support Candace Owens if she ever gets a political opportunity. She will go a long way

1bigK, mj9mm, fx77 and 6 others like this.
  4. Desert Kraut

Desert Kraut

Very astute and tells it like it is. I would vote for her if she ran for office.

1bigK, mj9mm, seamaster and 8 others like this.
  5. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

Whoever raised her to see and speak the truth did an extraordinary job as a parent or mentor.

Candace exemplifies the potential of young black Americans who receive an education without indoctrination and are exposed to the values of integrity and accountability.

She will go far, I hope.

1bigK, mj9mm, Deployment Solu and 7 others like this.
  6. glockophile42

glockophile42

Well said, as usual. Been a fan for a long time.

7. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

She was a certified liberal until a few years ago. She’s the best kind of convert, because she lived the lie the liberals taught her. She ‘woke’ while in college, I believe.

mj9mm, Quijibo, seamaster and 2 others like this.
  8. TxDave

TxDave Senior Member

Saw this video the other day... she is a breath of fresh air. Seems she is the lone voice of reason and common sense in an ocean of rabid fanatics.

mj9mm, nikerret and happyguy like this.
  9. Desert Kraut

Desert Kraut

Along with Thomas Sowell.

hogship, mj9mm, Quijibo and 4 others like this.
  10. kwo

kwo

She is just what we need .

Officer's Match likes this.
  11. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

She's not the only black voice of common sense and reason brave enough to put herself out there, but she's probably the most articulate and potentially effective. That's why the left hates her.

1bigK, hogship, mj9mm and 5 others like this.
  12. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

FIFY

hogship and Officer's Match like this.
  13. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

Dave Rubin did an excellent interview with Candace (who was going by 'Red Pill Black' at the time) in 2017. It's long, but in my opinion very well worth watching. In this she describes her awakening to the insanity that is the modern left.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSAoitd1BTQ

-Pat

mj9mm likes this.
  14. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

HOLY CRAP ! An hour and a half ? I have an attention span of about 3 minutes. I'll watch it but skipping forward frequently

15. IvanVic

IvanVic

Too many people looking for sound bites and don’t want to take the time to go beyond the surface.

I wonder how many Americans still read or bother to do anything that might be more productive than watching useless 30 second clips on cable news.

16. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

Lately I've been running YouTube videos at 1.5x speed. I think if you watch it you'll find it very engaging - Dave Rubin does excellent videos. He's another former leftist who's eyes have been opened. Here's a link to the interview he did with Larry Elder that really ultimately woke him up:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IFqVNPwsLNo

-Pat

mj9mm and 686 AR15 G17Fan like this.
  17. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

Someone like this is more effective with a lot of people though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baoExbI-RdE&feature=emb_logo

18. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

19. KikoMonster

KikoMonster

i'll admit I only watched the first 3 minutes but will probably watch the rest later. She presents her positions well.

I agree that most people are portraying George Floyd as a saint, which obviously he was not. However, like most addicts when sober, he was probably not such a bad guy. Apparently, those around him did think well of him. I saw a video with stressing to kids that violence is not way to go. I took responsibility for what landed him in prison. At least he was trying and people considered him "gentle".

It still does not change the fact that he was murdered (my opinion, no confidence in coroner's report). I'll be happy to knell on any volunteer for essentially 8 minutes to see what happens; I don't expect to even leave a mark. The probability that George Floyd would be dead today if he had no encounter with police is low. So, he became the unintended martyr. I have a hunch something personal between him and his killer was going on.

I do feel bad about the rookie cops involved due to the circumstances surrounding this. I would not be bothered if they were giving a second chance. I actually think they will become assets to the community if giving the chance.

The issue is not George Floyd per se, but the the injustice the black community has been dealt for generations in the "new world". Within the past few years the approved TX history textbooks, IIRC, called the slave trade the "agricultural migration" or something like that. After an uproar, changes were made. Secondly, the police brutality is another issue. I too have experienced attempts to by LEO to ignore my rights. Once they realized I was an informed citizen they backed down. I have white friends that have also had negative encounters with LEOs. I believe the majority of these problematic LEOs is not racism but their egos. I only had issues with 2 out of about 15 to 20 "stops" in my life (I'm older and born in the 60s); not too bad for a non-white. Fortunately I have never been officially arrested. I was detained once but it was legit and not a problem.

1bigK likes this.