Canadian Glockers

Discussion in 'Local Glock Forums' started by EN4CER, Jan 4, 2018.

1. EN4CER

EN4CER

Hi all - new to the forum and firearms in general. I hail from the great white north where we have atrocious gun laws as most of you probably know. Just wondering if there was any other fellow Canadians rocking a glock? Would be nice to see a sub-forum.

2. John Wesley

John Wesley NRA "Benefactor Life" Member

Not a Canadian but it's freakin cold in MO. and I like hockey, go Blues! Welcome aboard!

MO Fugga and EN4CER like this.

3. EN4CER

EN4CER

Appreciate the warm welcome John - Go Leafs Go

John Wesley likes this.
  4. John Wesley

I love the history of the Leafs and the Habs. I remember the old pictures goalies without masks and players without helmets unbelievable! You said that Canada's gun laws suck I realized this but how hard is it to own a handgun and to head to the range with it.

5. EN4CER

EN4CER

I agree, great history between those two with some tough players.

Regardless of what firearm you own, you need to have a license issued by the federal government. Long guns and rifles require a single course while handguns (restricted); require a second restricted course. Our laws make it illegal to own a firearm with a barrel shorter than 105mm; which means a stock G19 isn't available. Like some States, we can only have 10-round mags. All our handguns require registration and permission to transport. Transport needs to secured in a locked case; which means concealed carry is obviously illegal. There is also a number of in home storage requirements as well...

On the bright side... We will be getting our very own Canadian version of the G19 with a longer barrel and Canadian engraved flag. Should be arriving this month and the first time Glock has produced a country specific firearm.

villain666 and John Wesley like this.
  6. John Wesley

That Canadian Glock sounds like an eventual collectors item. Sorry for the strict gun laws but hang in there and Good Shooting.

EN4CER likes this.