Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - new to the forum and firearms in general. I hail from the great white north where we have atrocious gun laws as most of you probably know. Just wondering if there was any other fellow Canadians rocking a glock? Would be nice to see a sub-forum.

Reactions: Beegner

·
NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
726 Posts
Hi all - new to the forum and firearms in general. I hail from the great white north where we have atrocious gun laws as most of you probably know. Just wondering if there was any other fellow Canadians rocking a glock? Would be nice to see a sub-forum.
Not a Canadian but it's freakin cold in MO. and I like hockey, go Blues! Welcome aboard!

·
726 Posts
Appreciate the warm welcome John - Go Leafs Go
I love the history of the Leafs and the Habs. I remember the old pictures goalies without masks and players without helmets unbelievable! You said that Canada's gun laws suck I realized this but how hard is it to own a handgun and to head to the range with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the history of the Leafs and the Habs. I remember the old pictures goalies without masks and players without helmets unbelievable! You said that Canada's gun laws suck I realized this but how hard is it to own a handgun and to head to the range with it.
I agree, great history between those two with some tough players.

Regardless of what firearm you own, you need to have a license issued by the federal government. Long guns and rifles require a single course while handguns (restricted); require a second restricted course. Our laws make it illegal to own a firearm with a barrel shorter than 105mm; which means a stock G19 isn't available. Like some States, we can only have 10-round mags. All our handguns require registration and permission to transport. Transport needs to secured in a locked case; which means concealed carry is obviously illegal. There is also a number of in home storage requirements as well...

On the bright side... We will be getting our very own Canadian version of the G19 with a longer barrel and Canadian engraved flag. Should be arriving this month and the first time Glock has produced a country specific firearm.

·
726 Posts
I agree, great history between those two with some tough players.

Regardless of what firearm you own, you need to have a license issued by the federal government. Long guns and rifles require a single course while handguns (restricted); require a second restricted course. Our laws make it illegal to own a firearm with a barrel shorter than 105mm; which means a stock G19 isn't available. Like some States, we can only have 10-round mags. All our handguns require registration and permission to transport. Transport needs to secured in a locked case; which means concealed carry is obviously illegal. There is also a number of in home storage requirements as well...

On the bright side... We will be getting our very own Canadian version of the G19 with a longer barrel and Canadian engraved flag. Should be arriving this month and the first time Glock has produced a country specific firearm.
That Canadian Glock sounds like an eventual collectors item. Sorry for the strict gun laws but hang in there and Good Shooting.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
And welcome from central Indiana too, Red Wings vs Leafs was my rivalry as I grew up in Detroit.
Sucks to be you though with your laws, but you probably don’t have the oxygen thief criminals we have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
And welcome from central Indiana too, Red Wings vs Leafs was my rivalry as I grew up in Detroit.
Sucks to be you though with your laws, but you probably don’t have the oxygen thief criminals we have.
i loved those games back in the day... leafs, red wings, habs.
yes, hopefully get all the paperwork done soon. Get my new Glock by new year...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts