Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
81,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Canada shooting rampage kills police officer, injures another; suspect in custody

A shooting rampage Sunday in Nova Scotia, Canada, killed a police officer and injured another, police said, adding that the suspect was in custody.

The information about the two officers was confirmed by Brian Sauvé, the president of the National Police Federation union.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police said the incident began late Saturday in the tiny town of Portapique, initially reporting "multiple victims" and describing the suspect as possibly disguised as a mountie.

Police identified that suspect as 51-year-old Gabriel Wortman. His name was released about nine hours after an initial tweet around midnight asking people to avoid the Portapique area and stay indoors as officers responded to a firearms complaint.

Police in Canada released this photo of 51-year-old Gabriel Wortman in connection with a shooting investigation Sunday in a small town in Nova Scotia. (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)

About three hours later, police tweeted that Wortman had been taken into custody at a gas station in Enfield, Nova Scotia.

Several building fires were reported as well, but police didn’t immediately confirm details.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada-police-active-shooting-probe "

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Including one officer. Second officer in the hospital is undergoing surgery. Happens here more often than people would think.

·
****** Viejo
29,554 Posts
Including one officer. Second officer in the hospital is undergoing surgery. Happens here more often than people would think.
Sorry to hear this. Prayers sent for all involved. tom.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Condolences to the Mounties, and to the officer’s family. Guess that gun control doesn’t work so well in Canada, eh?

Reactions: Caver 60 and Nestor

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Condolences to the Mounties, and to the officer’s family. Guess that gun control doesn’t work so well in Canada, eh?
Don't worry. The government will soon introduce some new ban and everyone will be so much safer.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
I was just thinking the other day how at least there won't be school shootings because of the coronavirus or hopefully any other mass shootings. This guy just seems to have went off due to domestic issues, then continued to kill people. All planned out.

“Got dressed as RCMP with **** he found online, took his personnal marked pc that he made himself Went to his ex's place Forced her and new boyfriend out the house and tied them to a tree, executed them. Kids ran to the neighboor, neighboor got out to see, executed him Unclear what house he set on fire but probably both houses

Then hit the road, pulled people over with his marked pc and executed the drivers

Went accross our member (RCMP) on the highway, shot her once, dragged her out of her car, executed her, burned his own car and stole her gear and her car and kept on the "joyride" then ditched our member's car and ran off in another vehicle”.

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Just throw another law or ban at it thats SURE to fix the problem.....
I whole heartily agree. We've been 'fixing' problems in a similar way since I first became aware of the "Gun Control Problem". My awareness stated in 1968 with that stupid fix.

But way before that, was the GCA's of the 30's and others.

And of course since 69 there have been, how many more 'sure fixes' to the problem. Just give us one more 'Gun control Law' and it will be peace forever more.

Not!!!

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
I thought we didn’t like to politicize these occurrences like the left does.
I'm not sure about the others. I am speaking for myself only.

3...2...1...ban. To leave the normal people even more vulnerable to the criminals. Typical logic of the modern politicians. Cheers.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts