Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
24,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long travel day tomorrow for me. But despite being "on-the-road" for the past 30 years, I can't really sleep on a plane. Maybe I can doze off a little bit, but it sure ain't sleep. Even in the good old days when we flew bussiness class, it didn't count as sleep in my case....almost made matters worse.

Can you sleep on a plane?
Can you sleep on a train?
No matter the fuss,
Can you sleep on bus.
And if so, will you explain?:supergrin:

·
Banned
10,620 Posts
I fall asleep once in the air,
I am bald so it don't mess up my hair.

·
Banned
30,493 Posts
I can't, because of the "drool fear factor".

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Long travel day tomorrow for me. But despite being "on-the-road" for the past 30 years, I can't really sleep on a plane. Maybe I can doze off a little bit, but it sure ain't sleep. Even in the good old days when we flew bussiness class, it didn't count as sleep in my case....almost made matters worse.

Can you sleep on a plane?
Can you sleep on a train?
No matter the fuss,
Can you sleep on bus.
And if so, will you explain?:supergrin:
I absolutely can not sleep on a plane. Even on international flights, I am awake the whole time, it is miserable. I am miserable on the plane and, depending on time change, feel even worse when I get to where I am going.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Always been the same for me, door shuts and Im asleep. Wheels up wakes me up. From there to the landing I go into a haze of nothingness. Can be 17 hour flight and Im still in the haze. Im just another M&M in a tube full of M&Ms that get spilled out the other end.
However, an emergency sure snaps me out of it...had a few crashes and other stuff that got my full attention

·
Registered
21,622 Posts
I used to be able to. Between my sexual fetishes involving Samuel L Jackson and my horrific fear of snakes, it got screwed up a few years back.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
You can duct tape me to the wing
You can make me hear you sing
You can send me over a bumpy road in a jeep
It is guaranteed, I will fall asleep.

I can sleep anywhere anytime.

·
Señor Member
5,395 Posts
I find it to be almost impossible.

If I'm truly exhausted, I may be able to sleep by laying down on the tray table. I can almost never do that, though, because the person in front of me almost invariably has their seat reclined. Will an airplane seat recline far enough to make one iota of difference in comfort? No, but it will recline far enough to ensure that I cannot put my head down on the tray table.

I might be able to barely, barely nap by resting my forehead on the seat in front of me, but if I do that then invariably the person in that seat will begin rocking back and forth constantly.

I wish plane seats were fixed and incapable of reclining. Then maybe I could sleep.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
You can lay down on a tray table?? How small are you?? Those things are only, like 15" wide!

·
Native Mainiac
24,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I find it to be almost impossible.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................
I wish plane seats were fixed and incapable of reclining. Then maybe I could sleep.
I almost wish they'd load us in the plane in something like a big cigar tube, where you could lay down horizontal the whole trip. Stack us in like pulp wood on a French-Canadian logging truck. Then I could sleep I thinks....no drooling by stranger phobia...:supergrin:

But anyway, bed time here....long flight tomorrow, sloooooow internet connection after that, along with a whole lot of things to do before winter comes in for good. So don't worry if FullClip don't post for a while..:supergrin:

·
Registered
30,328 Posts
I used to be able to. Between my sexual fetishes involving Samuel L Jackson and my horrific fear of snakes, it got screwed up a few years back.
WOW, Black Snakes must drive you up the wall. :rofl:

·
Sheriffs a near
7,135 Posts
I can sleep anywhere. Plane, train, automobile, doesn't matter.

Makes the wife a little made and jealous...she can't use making me sleep on the couch as a punishment because I like sleeping on the couch.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I'm so tall my head is above the head rest in an air plane. I guess I could try sleeping with my head forward but never had the reason to.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dozing as cabin door is closed.
Rocked to real sleep in push back.
About to board flt #5 of 8 for this week.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dozing as cabin door is closed.
Rocked to real sleep in push back.
About to board flt #5 of 8 for this week.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts