Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a student ask me this. He was asking how one can shoot a .38 out of a .357. I explained and told him that the .40 he was shooting was like the .38 and the 10mm his father in law was shooting was like the .357.

He then asked if he could shoot a .40 round through the 10mm glock.

I told him no because I thought that at very least there would be a head spacing issue. Also, the .40 probably wouldn't have enough power to cycle the slide on the 10mm, but I would check and see for sure.

Was I right?

·
CEO Lone Wolf Distributors
3,081 Posts
Good analogy, yes a 38/357 comparison is very similar to a 40/10 caparison regarding cartridge length & overall power. You can fire a 38 cartridge in a 357 chamber because these two cartridges have a rim to hang on the cylinder. Its not a good idea to try the same with the 40/10. Yes you can shoot a 40 out of a 10mm barrel. The cartridge will strip from the magazine and it will hang on the extractor and sure as heck fire. Should you do it... NO. Don't take a chance with a potential problem. Lone Wolf offers a 40 conversion for the G20 pistols. See them here http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=lwd-2040

1 - 2 of 2 Posts