Can you legally do this to robber?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by StarShip2100, Mar 31, 2010.

1. StarShip2100

StarShip2100 Futurist

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OK, this is a couple years old but it was still funny. But I wonder if the crook sued.... would it be legal?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Couple make burglar clean their home at gunpoint[/FONT]
    [​IMG]
    An American couple turned the tables on a burglar they caught ransacking their home by dispensing their own summary justice.

Without waiting for the law to arrive, the pair doled out their own punishment to the surprised criminal - they made him clean up the house at gunpoint!

The unlucky burglar was caught red-handed when Adrian and Tiffany McKinnon returned to their house near Montgomery, Alabama, after a week away.

To their dismay they discovered their home had been plundered.
    "Tears just rolled down my face as I walked in and saw everything gone and piles of trash all over my home," Mrs. McKinnon told her local newspaper the Montgomery Advertiser.

When her husband walked into another room to check what was missing he came face to face with the burglar, who was wearing one of Mr. McKinnon's hats.

"My husband Adrian caught the thief red-handed in our home. And what is even crazier, the man even had my husband's hat sitting right on his head," Mrs. McKinnon said.

Mr. McKinnon held suspect Tajuan Bullock at gunpoint and made him sit down until he decided what to do.

"We made this man clean up all the mess he made, piles of stuff, he had thrown out of my drawers and cabinets onto the floor," Mrs. McKinnon said.

When the police arrived the work-shy burglar had the cheek to complain to them - about having to clean up his mess at gunpoint.

"This man had the nerve to raise sand about us making him clean up the mess he made in my house," said Mrs McKinnon.

But the police officer laughed at Bullock when he complained and told him that anybody else would have shot him dead.

Bullock was arrested on burglary and theft charges and was held in Montgomery County Detention Facility.

A police spokesman said the victims were lucky to be able to catch the suspect in the act and hold him until police arrived. It was an unusual case because usually burglars struck while the homeowner was away and were in and out fast so they could quickly sell the stolen items, the spokesman added.

- Oct 27, 2007​

2. USDMike

USDMike

Sounds legal to me. If they shot him in the foot to persuade him... not so much.

3. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

Slavery.

But I would never convict them, nor would I ever arrest them. Let him met with a detective in the future and swear out a complaint...

"See, it's like this. I burglarized this house, and lived there a short while- ya know, eating their food, using their toilet, wearing their clothes, and just making a mess of the place. When the owner's came home and caught me in their crib, they pointed a gun at me and made me clean up the mess I made in their home whilst burglarzing it."

:upeyes:

4. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

"had the cheek"??? Hhmmm... Either the writer is from the UK/Australia, or I am just not up on current euphemisms of the young folks.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  5. badge315

badge315

Just tell the BG that the 13th Amendment doesn't apply in your home. :supergrin:

6. FrogWithAGlock

FrogWithAGlock Girl with a Gun

Link?

7. g21owner

g21owner

one of these stories is a lie
    http://www.prlog.org/10162375-jennifer-aniston-catches-burglar-and-makes-him-clean-her-home.html

Jennifer Aniston Catches Burglar --- and Makes Him Clean Her Home!

"Friends" actress makes thief pick up items spilled from overturned drawers at gunpoint.

Attachment
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PR Log (Press Release) – Jan 03, 2009 – LOS ANGELES, CA. — A burglar in Los Angeles chose the wrong celebrity to mess with yesterday -- quite literally.

"Marley & Me" actress Jennifer Aniston and her personal assistant Debi Burke returned to Aniston’s Hollywood Hills home on Friday after a week away to find that thieves had emptied almost everything in the house.

"Tears just rolled down my face as I walked in and saw everything gone and piles of trash all over my home," Aniston reportedly said.

Aniston sent her assistant to the local police precinct to file a report while she inspected the piles left behind. As she walked back into the sunroom, a man walked through the back door straight into her, Aniston said.

"Jenifer caught the thief red-handed in her home," Burke said. "And what is even crazier, the man even had Jennifer’s hat sitting right on his head."

Aniston reportedly held the suspect, 33-year-old Tadd Bruce, at gunpoint and told him to sit on the floor until she decided what to do.

"She made this man clean up all the mess he made, piles of stuff, he had thrown out of the drawers and cabinets onto the floor," Burke said.

When Burke and the police arrived, Bruce complained about being forced to clean the home at gunpoint.

"This man had the nerve to raise sand about us making him clean up the mess he made in my house," Aniston said incredulously. "The police officer laughed at him when he complained and said anybody else would have shot him dead."

Police arrested Bruce at 2 p.m. Friday on burglary and theft charges. He was being held in the Los Angeles County Detention Facility on a $30,000 bond.

Aniston is neighbors on the street with her best friend, the actress Courtney Cox from the sitcom "Friends," and Cox's husband, David Arquette.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  8. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

Good for the officer for not playing into PC bull**** and arresting the homeowners.

9. Peace Warrior

It was on GT for about a week... IIRC

10. Peace Warrior

11. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

Good thing it didn't happen in England. .

The burglar would have ended up owning the home, and getting free emotional therapy from a State approved provider, to help him get over the trauma of being "abused and assaulted".

12. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

It would be more fun to put the sleeve on him for Schutzhund training.

13. dallas cowboy

dallas cowboy

I love me some Jennifer