Can You Identify the Illegal Activity in These Videos?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by NorthCarolinaLiberty, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

That's how it appears to me.

2. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

No, the question is they are border patrol... why aren't they on the border doing their job. Instead they are well over 100 miles + into US territory.

3. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

The "patriot act" is part of the problem.:faint: and you just identified WHY, but don't seem to have an issue with that?!

4. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Ever hear of telephoto lenses? Determined cartels could gather their images, distribute to hit men at will. It's really a moot point. Hell, some of their gang members are legal US citizens of Mexican decent. They could easily drive through and identify the agents. The point being if someone really wants your picture they can get it.

5. CAcop

CAcop

I think people are forgetting the whole point of the uniform is to ID yourself. You know the badge, the shoulder patches, the name tag. Oh, wait you want to see and ID card. Oh, yeah because without seeing that you would never be convinced he really was with the Border Patrol.

And if you really think failing to ID yourself is against the law go find the law. Otherwise you are just talking out your rear.

6. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Those boys are ****ing MORONS!

7. 88_gurgel

88_gurgel

That is for sure. The Canon 1200mm lens can make a person identifiable from a mile away. I wouldn't be worried about the guys in the car with a little cheap camera. I would however be worried about people that contain what is in the video below stalking from a long ways away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0E-nZOlY_k

As for the border checkpoint inside US territory, I don't understand why they are allowed to operate that way.

8. ray9898

ray9898

We have went through this before. It is a very effective strategy in combating illegal entry into the country. We do not have, and probably never will have enough people to physically guard anything more than a small percentage of the border at any one time due to its size. Illegals cross simultaneously in numerous desolate spots all along the border but they funnel themselves to the main routes as they travel inland. Having a checkpoint on these main routes at the end of the funnel is very effective and put the resources to good use.

I am glad they are out there doing their job.

9. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

Camp Pendleton is north of San Diego, south of Orange County. It provides a natural chokepoint on Interstate 5. There is about 200 yards of bare scrub to the west before you get to a rocky coast, and about 5 miles of bare hills covered by (sometimes live) small arms/artillery ranges to the immediate east. There aren't any exits south of there for several miles that actually go anywhere but to rear gates of Pendleton, or to frontage roads on either side of the Interstate, which are patrolled by Border Security.

It's a very effective place to put a checkpoint.

10. thegreendevil76

thegreendevil76

True. Watch the film "Mojados" ("Wets"), a documentary about how people sneak across the Mexican border. The movie is slanted towards the experience of the illegal immigrants, but it is very interesting. One item of interest in there is how stressed they are about being caught at or near the border. Once in the U.S. and away from the border they are far more relaxed. You guys can decide for yourselves if you think moving border enforcement further into the U.S. is a good idea, but bear in mind that it does expand the net. Not all illegal entrants are here to work hard and send a bit of money home to their families, there are lots of badguys (smugglers, human traffickers, etc.) that make their way across the same routes as the laborers.

11. RF7126

RF7126

Yes, but this is now accessible to them at no risk and no cost. Anyway, my point is not that it's the only way a cartel could get the intel, but that I can see why the agents are wary of it. I would be too.

12. TuxthePenguin

TuxthePenguin

Wow we really know who doesn't mind living under a fascist government here in this thread :upeyes:

13. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Must not be too effective... I still see a whole lot of illegals trucking around this nation. :dunno:

14. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Well, people chose these dangerous jobs. If they are that concerned about their safety and keeping their face hidden, then masks and other forms of facial disguise would be in order. Or find a job that's less prone to getting one self killed / maimed.

15. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bzzzt! Fail.

What orders by George/Parliament were unlawful????

16. ray9898

ray9898

There would be plenty more running around if they were not out there doing something.

The only way to make it truly effective is to build a 30ft high wall with snipers every 50 yards....however....the lack of that is not the Border Patrols fault.

17. Squaw Man Wolfer

Squaw Man Wolfer

Don't want to be the next guys to ride through with a smart ass spiel. Those border guys have had time to think up some creative responses.

18. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

The real irony about handjobs like these and others who go out of their way to "fight the evil fascist Govt" for the rest of us is they can do these things because we do NOT live in a Fascist, Communist, Polygamist, Primatene Mist etc. State. They do these thing because they know that whichever agency or agent of the State is not going to drag them out of the vehicle and send them to a gulag, torture or kill them. Furthermore if an agent of the State does step on his crank and violate the ******'s rights, the ******s will likely get paid. Its a win-win for the ******s

19. sargespd

sargespd

In the immortal words of the great Ronald Wilson Reagan, "well, there you go again". There is no fascism represented by what occurred in the videos. There was no illegal activity by the Border Patrol officers. They were at a legally established checkpoint, clearly identified by the markings on the checkpoint, the marked Border Patrol Vehicles, the uniforms, and badges. Get a clue and stop spouting "fascism" like its some kind of mantra.

20. RF7126

RF7126

Seriously? I can't even think of a polite reply.

And I think I know what most people would say about the masks. Geez, these poor guys can't win no matter what they do.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010