Can You Identify the Illegal Activity in These Videos?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by NorthCarolinaLiberty, Feb 11, 2010.

1. AFshooter

AFshooter

Just saw the video bud. Didn't read the AAR.

2. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

If you've only seen the preacher's video from his desk, look for the tape from the actual stop.

He's told he's under arrest. He's even given the courtesy of being told the PC for the arrest while he's still sitting behind the wheel of his car. He's even told that he has an obligation to comply with lawful orders to surrender to the cops. He doesn't, of course, trying to have a debate and issuing demands.....so, POP! (ticktickticktick) AAAAAARGH!

And another angel gets his wings. :cool:

Serves him right, and I'm only surprised by the patience of DPS.

4. yO B

yO B

I always enjoy those videos.

5. AFshooter

AFshooter

DPS AAR:

Arrest took place Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at a U.S. Border Patrol Checkpoint

The U.S. Border Patrol asked the Arizona Department of Public Safety to assist their Officers with a combative motorist who refused to cooperate at a checkpoint in the westbound lanes of Interstate 8. Steven L. Anderson, the combative motorist, was arrested by a DPS Officer for resisting a lawful order during the incident and booked into the Yuma County Jail.

Mr. Anderson never filed a complaint with DPS concerning his arrest but instead made a You-Tube video that featured his version of the events of that day.

An investigation by the Arizona Department of Public Safety's Professional Standards Bureau is underway. DPS is looking at current agency policies and procedures that officers must comply with when requested by any agency to respond to checkpoints.

In this particular instance DPS will look at our Officer's response and actions. We will offer no further comment on this incident until the investigation has been concluded.

6. Woodsy

Woodsy

7. AFshooter

AFshooter

Reminds me of those pesky Colonials.

8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  9. Sam Spade

Not hardly. Ton of difference between a lawful order from an agent of your republic and an unlawful one from an agent of an overseas king.

10. Sam Spade

In the manner that this guy was carrying, yes. And you'll note the distinct absense of tasers, hickory shampoos and handcuffs.

11. AFshooter

AFshooter

Slow down Sam.
    I was talking about the "Black Gentleman" with the AR video posted above.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  12. AFshooter

AFshooter

Looks to me like a sling from Wilderness Tactical. Kudos for supporting a local business!

13. RF7126

RF7126

For the guys complaining about the agents being upset by the camera: Did it cross your minds that these guys go to work every day knowing they could be targets of cartels? I sure as h**l would not want my face available to the animals who are making a business of decapitations and mutilations not far from my home and family

14. AFshooter

AFshooter

But aren't Federal Law Enforcement Officers in uniform required to present identification if interviewing individuals? I'd think this would apply to checkpoint stops. I know the guys in the restaurant were accosted by these guys, but what about the check points? Sure, these jokers are just out to impress their youtube fans.
    I was interviewed by an FBI agent yesterday and they made darn sure first thing they showed me their ID and badge, almost like it was step one in the checklist.

If security was really a huge concern these guys would be wearing balaclavas like Iraqi terps.

If the OP is baiting the thread title out there for us, I'd say refusal of a Federal LEO to provide identification during an official contact would be the law broken... if that's even a law. (applying only to the first vid)

15. RF7126

RF7126

I'll give you IDing, but I maintain that recording their faces for distribution to who knows where is crossing the line in this environment. Whether it fits our neat little US worldview or not, there IS a threat to these guys and judging by what's been happening to the Mexican LE it's real, nasty, and downright evil.

16. AFshooter

AFshooter

I couldn't agree more with the fact that these guys are under a real threat. That's the way it is with informants. Sadly, they're pretty much one time use.

Still though, it's not illegal to film or take photos of them. Any narco-soldier could drive through a checkpoint and snap photos or even follow them home.
    Although judgement is severely lacking, these guys are within the law.

17. RF7126

RF7126

I agree that, as far as I know, it's not illegal to video them. But I think we agree that it's idiotic and crass to record and post it online. I fully sympathize with the agents' anxiety about being recorded, even if some do go about expressing it in ways that appear to the public to be questionable.

18. Sam Spade

D'oh. :embarassed:

Too many videos in one thread.

19. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

20. holyjohnson

holyjohnson probably on theboresite.com right now.

yes,they were speeding!

:tongueout: