close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can you file off the finger grooves for GSSF??

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DEMODAVE, Aug 11, 2002.

1. DEMODAVE

DEMODAVE

Can you file off the finger grooves for competing in stock classes, such as the Glock 36 class? Just starting out and had to file off the grooves so that the grip would fit my hands. Put a hogue on and now it fits like a glove, but unsure as to what class I can shoot it in.. Thanks ;a

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I'm not sure on this one. Before I traveled to a match I would call Scott or Chris at Glock and check. Modified firearms are only allowed in Unlimited and unfortunately the G36 is the one firarm not allowed in that category. As to whether modifing the grip places you in the "modified" category or still allows you to shoot Major Sub is a good question.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Frame modifications are not allowed in the other stock categories, so I doubt if they are allowed in Major Subcompact.

4. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I would think that a major modification like that would fall in about the same category as the Melted Bomars. While Bomars are allowed, the cutting of the slide to use the Melted model, basically the same sight (it just sits lower with no hang over), is not allowed.