can you buy a barrel from glock directly

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by zoics_g32, Mar 15, 2010.

1. zoics_g32

zoics_g32

I finally got my piece today... I would like to get another caliber directly from glock - conversion barrel. I'm not an armorer. Can I do this?

2. AustinTx

AustinTx

Not directly from Glock.

3. GRR

GRR

Glock doesn't make conversion barrels.

4. Chowser

Chowser

Which Glock did you buy and what caliber do you want to go to?

I've ordered barrels from Glock before, but as an armorer. When our dept. switched from the 22 to the 31, all our guys with the 23 and 27 wanted .357 barrels so I ordered a bunch of 32 and 33 barrels right from Glock. I don't think they will do direct retail sales.

5. BurkGlocker

BurkGlocker Texas Redneck

Dont all of the numbers have to match on your carry piece to be able to carry it?

6. Chowser

Chowser

No, everyone's 23 and 27 kept their serial numbers. Each barrel came with it's own serial number and I just keep a log of which officer got which barrel. Everyone qualified again with their new barrels. I also got a bunch of followers and switched the followers in their magazines. Just to be safe. Haven't had any reliability problems yet and it's been two years. These are just their back ups or off-duty weapons. All our duty weapons are new Glock 31s from the factory. We traded in our 22s. Made it easy since we didn't have to buy new holsters or mag pouches and no transitional training since the gun functions the same.

Everyone kept their .40 barrel too since we have an excess of .40 ammo so if they want to practice and we are short on .357 ammo, they just pop in their .40 barrels and go plinking.

To zoics_g32:
    I am assuming you got the 32. I don't think any of our guys are willing to give up their 23 barrel. It's probably gonna run you $125+ for an OEM barrel from most retailers. If you want to shoot 9mm, you'll need a conversion barrel from some place like Lone Wolf since the factory 19 barrel will not fit. I used to have a LWD 9mm barrel for my 32 that I had no problems with. Shot a 33-rd mag in seconds with no failures or malfunctions.

Here, found an old pic. I had just bought a LWD barrel for my 32 so I could shoot 9mm, but my 32 was out at Robar, so I grabbed one of our dept. 23s and did the switch and had no problems shooting. I ended up selling it eventually because I forgot I had a Glock 19 that my wife bought me back in 1998 when I first started the job.

[​IMG]

7. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

If you are an armorer, you can buy stock barrels from Glock. Otherwise, you can find them and/or conversion barrels from an alternate source, such as Lone Wolfe

8. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Not unless you live in a commie state that requires it. Serial numbers on the slide and barrel mean nothing on a Glock, only the Frame.

9. zoics_g32

zoics_g32

Thank y'all for the advices and comments...
    I got my g32 barrel for my g23 directly fom glock 125 plus nc tax and 10 shipping