close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can we carry going to Puerto Galera?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by glockowner, Mar 13, 2006.

1. glockowner

glockowner

Hi fellow BOG's! I was wondering, if I was to go to Puerto Galera via Bus then Ferry at the Batangas Port, will I actually be allowed (legally) to carry up until my destination? (White Beach) I've been there once, and I don't remember anyone inspecting my bag nor frisking me at both the Bus Terminal and Batangas Port (that was a non-peak season)

Given that I would be going during the peak season, Holy Week let's say, I'm sure there will be that 'extra' vigilance from the Authorities during Entry/Exit at the Bus Terminals and Port Areas. Will my PTC be valid at those areas? I wouldn't want to postpone my vacation and go all the way back home just because of my CCW..

2. isuzu

isuzu

As long as you have your PTC, I see no reason why they would not allow you to carry up to Puerto Galera. You'll have to declare your firearm with the authorities in charge of the security of inter-island vessels. They will treat your firearm just like when you board an aircraft. Can't carry it loaded on board the vessel.

You might want to check the security situation in Mindoro. Marami yatang Nice People doon. Baka matyempuhan ka, they'll "borrow" your firearm.

3. jasonub

jasonub

When i still had a ptc, I brought my hk usp 45 with me anywere in the philippines.

Cebu, davao, boracay, etc. etc. etc. when i went to Puerto the problem is where the $#@Q will i put the damn gun while swimming? Who will guard it in the beach while im swimming?? Do i leave it in my room?

See the problem? So we had a conscensus, one of our buddies who will be sunbathing will keep my belt bag withe the pistol and extra mag.

Hassle talaga

4. Allegra

Allegra

I have a theory.
    Most ipsc guys dont carry unless may legitimate threat ( I mean dont carry guns on their person )

5. deenoh

deenoh

Allegra and Jason are right. It is difficult to go on a vacation carrying and/or worrying about your firearm. You might want to consider leaving it at home.

6. zorkd

zorkd

same with jasonub, i used to pack my usp45 all over .ph when i had my ptc and mr/mo, went to bacolod, cebu, mindoro. sometimes, as when using aircraft, i surrendered my sidearm. but when just using a small boat like to go to puerto galera, i just carry it concealed on my person. they don't have lock boxes for it anyway. for bigger marine going vessels, yung bapor talaga, well then you have to surrender any firearms you wish to transport.

7. rhino465

rhino465

Cousin Jason ... a little water won't hurt a USP! Just wear the belt pack and rinse and dry everything afterward! ;f

Of course, when you're swimming is one of the times when you can actually have too much ammunition! ;a

8. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

I'd do everything legally possible to bring my weapon with me even when I go out of town for some R&R. Remember, criminals don't go on vacation. (except the ones that go to Vegas to watch boxing matches.) The worst feeling in the world is to get into a life threatening situation and remembering that your trusty boomer is safe and sound.....in a gun safe 100 km. away.
    Murphy's law, people. No loopholes there.

9. infinitecolt

infinitecolt

I suppose you are going to Puerto Galera for a vacation. What is the use of a vacation if you have to worry about packing your gun? If you encounter let's say rebels, will a handgun help you? They'll just probably "borrow" it and say goodbye to some thousands of pesos worth of equipment. You get specially treatment while you board public vehicles. Leave it at home and enjoy vacation.

10. Allegra

Allegra

If yu discharge your gun
    at Puerto Galera during holy week , baka 10 tao tamaan mo

11. glockowner

glockowner

Thanks for all your input! I do agree that it is kind of a hassle worrying about it while on vacation. Thing is, I would feel a lot safer if i had it with me especially if I wasn't on my "territory". Just like what bikethief said...criminals don't go on vacation..and I do agree. I'm basically carrying because it's the bus trip that worries me. You'll never know who's riding a couple of seats beside you for those 2-3hours (especially when ur w/loved ones). I dont have to carry on the beach. I can just leave it in the room, locked and secured. I don't see a need for it anyway.

If i do encounter rebels (or more than I can handle)..I'm better off keeping my ccw tucked in my hip and just simply let things pass by..Of course I do know better than that.

12. jasonub

jasonub

your pistol might get stolen inside your room;g

13. isuzu

isuzu

Just maintain a low profile. I never brought a gun on a vacation. It's a hassle, unless somebody's after you. With regards to checkpoints by rebels on highways, they let everybody out and frisk everyone. A team then goes inside the bus and "check" luggages and seats. Chances are, your gun will be recovered by them.

14. Allegra

Allegra

You only feel safe if you have a gun w/ you?
    Bakit ako , kahit may dala baril I get isscurd pa rin
    It is dfinitely not your gun that will keep yu safe
    It's your being in condition orange that will keep yu safe
    Para lang sa bodyguard yan eh , if you find yourself in a situation where you have to draw your weapon , then you've failed your duty

If your worried about the bus ride , eh di mang hiram ka ng van
    that way we dont have to read about how you got killed engaging bad guys inside a bus in the papers
    Just plan your vacation really really well , para wala kang hassle

15. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Rebels are the least of your worries.

None of what is posted above about NPAs are true

1. NPAs dont do checkpoints
    2. NPAs dont "borrow" guns even when they come across someone they know who has a gun. Not even if they know that you are not their supporter unless they have ID'd you as an enemy personnel. They will ID you but they wont take anything form you. Unless you make any untoward move.

16. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Suggest you go to Sorsogon. The Whale Sharks there (there's a very organized system at that beach to see them - accredited guides, accredited boats, and all that ) - anyway, those Whale Sharks are HUGE and make excellent targets.

17. Allegra

Allegra

San Juan , Bats. is my destination for Holy Week
    And I'm going by bisikleta, w/ just a few clothes, 500pesos and a few friends
    Pag naholdap , ibigay na lahat pati puri

18. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

master a: laiya beach ba yan?maganda nga raw.......meron ba naka 2 piece hehe

19. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

Master A, mas mahal pa sa bari bisikleta mo e. ;f I'll be heading that way too. Maybe we can meet up. Ako nga lang naka-kotse at medyo malayo byahe ng MTB papuntang Bats.

20. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Magkano naman yung bike na dala mo? ;f 500T? Saan ba ang route mo ;f