close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can this be done? Sony PSP question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Wiley, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Wiley

Wiley

PSP experts: Can I directly transfer pictures from my Canon A410 camera to a PSP? Connect camera mini usb to PSP mini usb and have the PSP download from the camera.

Camera has an SD card.

I'm going on a trip and don't want to buy or borrow a laptop.

2. YamahaBlue

YamahaBlue

I don't think the PSP is Pict-bridge(spelling) compatible. But I am not 100% sure either. Try going to www.us.playstation.com/PSP and click on the forum button on the top of the page. Search around there and see what you find.

3. Wiley

Wiley

Thanks YamahaBlue. I had asked Sony before I posted here. Just got their response which looked like cut-n-paste from the manual. They never really answered the question.

So I have just asked on psp-hacks.com. If they are worthy of the name somebody will know or be able to give me an addon or hack.

4. YamahaBlue

YamahaBlue

Yeah the issue I emailed Sony about was most definatly a "canned" response. Have you ever downloaded the content packs from Sony that they post on the PSP site? If you have, did it work for you. I have downloaded the file several times and it never works. I get "corrupt cabinet file" and installation stops. Sony's response was to download again.

I'll have to check out psp-hacks. Thanks for the link

5. Wiley

Wiley

Be very, very carefull using some of the stuff off psp-hack. You can brick your psp. Read and follow all the cautions.

Now, when I posted my original question I did not have a psp. I just took the plunge two days ago. So I have not tried to d/l stuff from Sony.

Couple of things I've bought: an adapter (gamebaz.com) that plugs into the MS port that allows you to use SD cards. Properly fomated/setup I think that will allow me to plug the camera SD into the psp and have the psp recognise it as psp format.

Other is a book 'Hacking the psp' by Auri Rahimzadeh. Lot of good stuff! He also has a web site for hack stuff. Available on Amazon, Borders, etc.

I just hope I don't have to learn C/C++ to do what I want.

6. YamahaBlue

YamahaBlue

It seems the PSP is Sony's redheaded step child right now. But there are a few very entertaining games. My personal faves right now are

Killzone:Liberation(cant put it down)
    Ace Combat X(if you ever played the ace combat series on PS2 you wont be dissappointed)
    SOCOM:FTB 1 & 2(about as close to the PS2 series as your going to get)