close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can they really shoot this good?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GLOCKFAN1973, May 19, 2012.

1. GLOCKFAN1973

GLOCKFAN1973

I have been thinking about adding a g30 to the collection and mentioned this to a co-worker.he let me borrow his this weekend.put a 150 rounds through it and was pretty much shooting into one ragged hole at 15 yards. I am an ok shot but usually not that good. I have read some of the articles by maasad ayoob about the glock 30 accuracy but i guess i didnt quite believe all of it. What are your guys experience with the glock 30 accuracy

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The G30, G38 and G39 are incredibly accurate. I speak from experience, as I have owned all three.

3. bac1023

bac1023

I may have to get one of the 45 GAP Glocks just to see what all the hype is about.

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

I have an alternate theory about why people tend to shoot the G30 and the G26 better than larger versions. I believe that part of it is because of the abbreviated grip the shooter is forced to "choke up" on the grip forcing a grip that is higher and more consistent. Regardless of the resaon more than a few here have reported shooting the baby Glock better than bigger versions in the same caliber. (But I also thought Jesse Jackson was a shoe-in for the democratic nomination in '84 so I have been wrong before.)

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I'll always prefer a full grip. Anything else just doesn't feel right.

6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

The G30 is an accurate gun. Glad you like it. Ive always like the G30 and since they made the G30 SF I like it even more.

:50cal:

7. unit1069

unit1069

I recall reading in one of his books that Mas Ayoob stated he shot the Glock G-30 more accurately than any other Glock. Could be that particular model is inherently accurate, and from what others write it seems that very well may be true.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  8. AK74play

AK74play

I own a G 30 and along with 17 other Glocks they all shoot that good or better.

9. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

My G21 and G27 are very accurate. I really like my G34 but the G21 equals it, Mike.

10. ronin.45

ronin.45

That's risky BAC. If the hype is true you'll lose your butt selling all those 1911s. :tongueout:

On a serious note, I've shot all the GAP models and never thought they were anything special. Just as accurate and reliable as all Glocks, but with a different round.

11. ctfireman

ctfireman

The 30 is a pleasure to shoot.

12. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

I heard Glock says the G30 is the most accurate.Mine seems to agree.

13. Ocean_glocker

Ocean_glocker

darn it... now I have to buy another one... hello gssf coupon

14. Ford302Glock21

Ford302Glock21 Chrome Horsie

Isn't the barrel length part of the accuracy? The shorter it is the less it can flex. Sounds backwards but I think its true. I can't shoot well enough to notice these differences though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

15. Ay Dios Mio

Ay Dios Mio

I shoot a G30SF in a beginner's match once a month.

Shooting bowling pins is a hoot with it. I don't know why they changed the targets recently, but instead of real bowling pins they made 1/4 inch thick "bowling pins" from steel. We shoot at 25 feet I think.

The first time I shot them with the G30, I had one "bowling pin" spin with only the edge directly facing me straight on...bummer. The range master always challenges me, so he said try to shoot it anyway. I tried hitting it low where the base joined the upright and nicked it but it didn't move.

I took three more shots just for the hell of it and hit that 1/4 inch edge of the pin and it flew off the pedestal. Mine is wicked accurate. I love it.

16. MajorD

MajorD

you'd think (or at least I would) that any increase in accuracy which is theorized to be related to the gun flexing less or being more rigid would be offset by the shorter sight radius but for whatever reason this does not appear to be the case. Even at gssf matches often the top master class score is fired with a subcompact- which is why I am going to shoot my 26 exclusively this season. Maybe the dual recoil spring managing recoil better has something to do with it too?

17. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

:rofl:

I can just see Bac listing all of his 1911's in the classified section of GT.........

:tongueout:

18. ABACABB

ABACABB

19. AWGD8

AWGD8 Sr. Glocker29SF

I have a Glock 39 subcompact 45GAP and i would say it is pretty accurate for a defensive handgun, but only second to Glock 21 for bullseye shooting. Remember the Glock 21 is a full size 45 ACP. :supergrin:

The only way to become accurate with Glock is to learn the trigger.

I still want Glock to design a smoother single action trigger like the Colt New Agent without modifying the stock parts. If they do that sniper could save their back from carrying the long guns.... Just kidding....

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  20. Ocean_glocker

Ocean_glocker

Trading my Glock 17 for a 30sf this week... lets see how it goes.