Can someone run a Carfax for me?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by spotco2, Feb 23, 2011.

1. spotco2

spotco2

Looking at a truck and was hoping that someone here had a Carfax account that could send me a report on the truck.

2GCEC19T231190943

You can send it to spotco2 at yahoo dot com

Thanks in advance!

2. Bado

Bado

You are going to buy a truck and too cheap to pay for the carfax?

3. poodleshooter1

poodleshooter1

Doesn't it cost money to run it each time? It did when I used it...

4. brausso

brausso

5. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

Carfax only works IF the previous damage to the car has been reported to an insurance company. Many of those caught in fender benders and some of those in bigger accidents offer to pay to fix the damages on the sly, so their insurance doesn't go up, and thus Carfax never finds out about those problems.

I found this out the hard way when I bought a car that had passed the Carfax, but found out later it had had extensive repairs and repaint from a friend of mine who owns his own used car lot. He pointed out where all the dings and dents WERE, and how to tell if something had been repainted vs. factory paint jobs. He said for the most part Carfax isn't worth the paper it's printed on if you are buying from a smaller lot or a single seller.

6. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I am curious as to where my old Sentra ended up. I know new car dealers sell older trade-ins to an auction. I sure miss my old car, BUT my new one (see left) makes up for it. MUCH better ride......with cruise control (old car did not have it)

7. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Your car sure is pretty but you need a pic with you in it. :supergrin:

8. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

thanks Juney!! I will have to do that. That car in the pic is just like mine, I got it off Yahoo images. Mine's same color, same year, and has a spoiler on the trunk. These new Sentras come with alloy wheels, a first for me, always had those cheap caps on the wheels.

I will work on getting that. You can friend me on Facebook and see pics of me there. I ain't "all that and a bag of chips".......maybe just a couple chips is all...... :supergrin:

9. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

Well said.

The 2000 Ford Ranger that I bought came with a CarFax Report, but never said anything about the damage done to the driver's side.
    Several items, including the door, back door and trim had been damaged (pretty badly).
    It still drives very well, though.

10. Steve0853

Steve0853

I still like a carfax. One saved me from buying a car that I would have purchased except for a bad carfax.

If a vehicle has be extensively damaged and then "shade tree" repaired, I'd like to think I could look it over and see that.

You can get a free one from most places.

For me, no carfax report = no sale.

11. ray9898

ray9898

Carfax also pulls police accident/damage reports and does not just rely on insurance reporting. It may not be perfect but it is the most useful tool to assist a consumer in car buying in the last 15 years.