Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was curious how the numbers looked for my home state of NJ. So I went on the state Coronavirus info site and looked at one of the hardest hit counties, Bergen.

On the left side of the page is the county name with number of cases and deaths (there is a list of several but we are looking only at Bergen):

Bergen County:

13,356 Positive Test Results

835 Deaths

But, to the right is a map of the state and you can click on each county hotspot and see other numbers such as these:

County
COUNTY BERGEN
NEW_CASES 343
TOTAL_CASES 13,356
NEW_DEATHS 46
TOTAL_DEATHS 835
Number_of_facilities 57
Number_COVID_Cases_Confirmed 2,239
Total_Number_of_COVID_Deaths 492

Do you see what I see? The main "graphic" you would see first says "13,356 Positive Test Results" but if you click on the actual county you see "Number_COVID_Cases_Confirmed 2,239". Ok, so I guess you can have a positive test result but not be a confirmed case? How else can you have TOTAL_CASES 13,356 but confirmed cases of only 2,239? But what is more alarming is to say 835 deaths in the main graphic, but click on the actual county and the total number of Covid deaths is only 492? So the death number is inflated about 2 times? Something stinks. It seems they are reporting total deaths in the state (for whatever reason) just to show a bigger number and not showing the actual number of Covid deaths which is 2 times lower.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
There are a lot of reasons to be skeptical of the "official" numbers. Too many reports of patients dying without being tested and just chalked up to Wuhan Flu. I'm betting that reported deaths from Pneumonia and seasonal flu are way way down because they are being listed as WuFlu. You can't trust government and you can't trust people who stand to get more funding based off those numbers.

Reactions: NJ1911

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I edited my original post, a 2 got cut off and it is 492 not 49 for Covid deaths. Numbers should be right now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I tried this two days ago:
for math ease
Florida cases 21000/Florida pop. 21,000,000
=.001
100%-.001=99.99%
Draw your own conclusions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts