Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17,555 Posts
A news story is never going to give you all the facts, and this is just my opinion, but for a LEO, showing up unannounced at a school during a security lockdown, out of your jurisdiction, and out of uniform, and knocking on the front door with a gun in your hand is bad form.

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,986 Posts
Kommiefornia. What else would explain this?????
What in the hell would prompt a on- duty officer to think he was a threat??I mean, after he was identified as a GOOD GUY WITH A GUN,..............!!!!!!!!!!!
I swear, that left coast is getting worse by the day!!
:faint:

·
NRA Patron Member, Blue Knights Member
670 Posts
This is my weapon this is my gun my weapon is for shooting and my gun is for getting arrested in a commie inspired state like Kalifornia.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
:headscratch: Weird. That's not how we were taught to do it.

There has to be more to this story.
What did the deputies arrest the off-duty for? One of the brandishing sub-sections? 417pc?
Is it possible that the off-duty had ingested ETOH or other chemicals?
I'd like to read the report.

I agree with Ray9898, the off-duty officer is lucky he didn't get shot.

Reactions: PicardMD

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Kommiefornia. What else would explain this?????
What in the hell would prompt a on- duty officer to think he was a threat??I mean, after he was identified as a GOOD GUY WITH A GUN,..............!!!!!!!!!!!
I swear, that left coast is getting worse by the day!!
:faint:
Might want to find out a few more facts before making a post like this.

Do you suppose this guy was a transplant form California? Probably a Democrat too, yes?:
http://www.theameryfreepress.com/cr...cle_df4c824c-94d2-11e7-be04-57532265b74c.html

·
Why so serious?
66,826 Posts
Recent school shooting (two actually), has child in the school he hears is on lock down.....

Mind races to the worst case scenario, panics and rushes in to save the day.

The above is all based on my speculation from the news article applying my relevance work experience.

If charged, likely could be something like Disorderly Conduct, or even a brandishing charge.

ymmv

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
Why so serious?
66,826 Posts
What a freakin' mess.....
No information on whether the off duty cop yelled, "Am I being detained!".....

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
Most mackinest
12,561 Posts
California law, cannot possess a weapon on a school property unless LEO on duty.

As others mentioned, this could have been a short detention. Sounds a little dangerous, in any event.
Stupid law.

·
Why so serious?
66,826 Posts
Reactions: pgg00 and steveksux
1 - 20 of 37 Posts