Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I travel a lot in my job and I carry everyday. I usually carry either a G 30 or G 36. I have a holster on the lower side of my console near my right lower leg. It is easy to reach if needed but I was wondering, in a car jacking scenario where the perpetrator is pointing a gun at my driver's side window, is it better to shoot through my car door instead of pulling my firearm up to the window? My initial thinking is yes.

·
KoolAidAntidote
6,058 Posts
I'd scrub that plan. A lot of bullets don't get through car doors. If the .45 slug does make it through, it will have lost a lot of its power, and unless the carjacker is crouched down at the door, won't be in line to hit anything that can keep him from pulling the trigger of his already pointed gun. And then there's the whole "drawing against a drawn gun" thing.
best,
Mas

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd scrub that plan. A lot of bullets don't get through car doors. If the .45 slug does make it through, it will have lost a lot of its power, and unless the carjacker is crouched down at the door, won't be in line to hit anything that can keep him from pulling the trigger of his already pointed gun. And then there's the whole "drawing against a drawn gun" thing.
best,
Mas
Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.