Can ppl from other countries compete and what happens if they win

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by LOCHFAL, Sep 2, 2002.

1. LOCHFAL

LOCHFAL Millennium Member

Hey guys and dolls, I was just wondering if people from other countries are eligible to compete? { I'm assuming they are. } And what provisions are there for the prizes if they should win one?

My fiancee has expressed some interest in it but wont be a permanent resident of the states for a while. We are considering shooting In Missouri and Texas later this year.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I know of no restrictions regarding competing. Residents of some States receive a bond instead of a pistol due to local regulations. Winners under the age of 21 also receive a bond instead of a pistol.

Folks have come down from Canada to compete in several of the GSSF matches.

3. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

When you win, so I have heard, you receive a certificate in the mail from glock for a pistol. You can then do anything with this certificate you wish to do. Sell it, give it away, lose it, whatever. For example, she could give her "fiancee" this certificate & you could then order the pistol. After you receive this pistol, you could allow her to use this gun any time she wishes, if you want to, that is ;) When she becomes a legal citizen, you could then sell,give, or somehow legally transfer this gun to her. Make no mistakes, though, the gun would be owned by whoever sends in the certificate. If she decides she doesn't like you anymore, too bad, it is your gun. Hope this helps a little bit. MLM