close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can I shoot Law Enforcement Category?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by hickok45, Oct 26, 2002.

1. hickok45

hickok45 Millennium Member

Went to GSSFonline.com and read the qualifications for shooting categories, but I'm still not clear as to whether I can shoot Law Enforcement category.

I'm a long-time reserve deputy in my home county and carry the same card full-time deputies carry, with all the same rights for carrying a firearm, the one I qualify with in the department.

The guidelines mention that an auxiliary officer who is not qualified/permitted to carry a firearm cannot shoot Law Enforcement, but I seem to quality, or at least there's nothing that seems to eliminate me.

Anybody know for sure? I'm not a full-time officer and receive no pay for my work with the department.

It just occurred to me,though. If I were to shoot Law Enforcement, I couldn't shoot Amateur Civilian, too, right?

Thanks,

Greg

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Call GSSF and get the oficial amswer.

3. EMillen

EMillen Millennium Member

If you are a sworn officer with credentials, I can't imagine anyone questioning your LE catagory entry.
    Yeah, you're right. You can't enter LE & Civ at the same match.
    If you're coming to Lexington, enter LE. We don't get enough entries in that catagory;a

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Definition of Law Enforcement Officer - For the purposes of GSSF, a "Law Enforcement Officer" is any one of the following:

A full-time law enforcement officer of a duly-constituted agency of a municipal, county, state or federal government; or a full-time firearms instructor in a law enforcement agency or police academy. Competitor must provide official, current identification from their agency if he or she is a full-time civilian firearm instructor.

Officer of a reserve or auxiliary unit of a law enforcement agency named above. Appointing authority must authorize the competitor to carry arms while on duty, and authorizes the competitor to perform the same law enforcement functions and duties as full-time officers of the agency. (Unarmed auxiliary members of Law Enforcement agencies are not included.)

Just permission to carry isn't enough.