Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
woo woo
31,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange how fortune works.....had a flakey seller in the GT classifieds set off a chain of events that led me to a minty 3rd gen G20 priced $400 with the box (plastic) extra mag and all.
So I'm happy.:supergrin:

Anyways, I'm a 10 millie owner now, so I have a few questions;

1) Is the g20 awesome?

2) Any off the shelf ammo I should avoid with the stock barrel?

3) Should bulged brass concern me?

·
Ret. Fireman
4,603 Posts
Welcome to Glock Talk and the wonderful world of 10mm, be sure to look up the 10mmTalk forum (here is the Link) http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/10mm-Talk-Forums-f187.html

The G-20 is a good choice in 10mm for what it is, I like my G-29 as compacts go.
I only shoot my handloaded ammo thru my weapons...Jacketed & Cast bullets.

As far as the bulge...it should only be of concern if you are handloading it, sizing the bulge out is critical for 100% function reliability.

Best regards!

·
Frisky!
35,981 Posts
:wavey::supergrin:

·
10mm defender
2,398 Posts
Strange how fortune works.....had a flakey seller in the GT classifieds set off a chain of events that led me to a minty 3rd gen G20 priced $400 with the box (plastic) extra mag and all.
So I'm happy.:supergrin:

Anyways, I'm a 10 millie owner now, so I have a few questions;

1) Is the g20 awesome?

Yea, you've been around for tooooo long not to be a 10mm'er by now. Not talkin' age, talkin' GT time and stuff, ya know.

And yes, it's awsome.

·
10mm defender
2,398 Posts
You change your avi too much. Was that you in the last one? Aaand sooo, if it was... would I you report me if I flirted?:supergrin:

:whistling:

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
Dirty Harry didn't have 15+1... 20+1 in my case! :rofl:That's a lot more than a six-pack of unlucky punks... :thumbsup:

·
10mm defender
2,398 Posts
Dirty Harry didn't have 15+... 20+ in my case! :thumbsup:
He had Hollywood cylinders on that wheelgun, are you really tryin' to compete? Please don't disapoint me...

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
He had Hollywood cylinders on that wheelgun, are you really tryin' to compete? Please don't disapoint me...
Every revolver in Hollywood works like a Calico...

·
10mm defender
2,398 Posts
Every revolver in Hollywood works like a Calico...
LMAO! You went old school, that's awsome! ... and true! Well played, sir.

ETA; Genious!

·
Registered
19,868 Posts
1) Is the g20 awesome?

Welcome.

1) I haven't shot mine much, but with 165 grain bullets going slow (1012 fps) the accuracy and controllability left me pleasantly surprised.

2) Dunno...

3) I believe this is more of a problem with the really hot loads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am getting the same deal later today. $400.00 for a 3rd gen. glock 20, you (the OP - berto) got an Xtra clip, I am only getting 2 clips, but I asked the guy for 2 mags worth of ammo so I didn't have to go find 10mm in my area and then spend $35.00 to test fire it, and he agreed on the ammo... :cool:

I have been itchin too get my hands on a 10mm for a long time. today sometime afternoon I am gonna be a 10mm owner. I think I got lucky also. :supergrin:

·
Frisky!
35,981 Posts
You change your avi too much. Was that you in the last one? Aaand sooo, if it was... would I you report me if I flirted?:supergrin:

:whistling:

·
10mm defender
2,398 Posts

·
10mm defender
2,398 Posts
Berto,

If you really wanna know if the 10mm is awsome, get some full house loads, go out and shoot stuff. I don't mean paper, I mean "stuff". There is a big difference at the business end. The way it dispatches a water jug compared to say, a .45, will impress you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
This weekend I will be trying several different Double Tap loads in my G20sf... I plan on bringing water jugs, pop cans, maybe a watermellon, probably a soaked phone book... and just about anything else I want to see explode...

·
Registered
19,868 Posts
Don Pardo said:
Berto from GlockTalk. Come on down. Tell him about the Ten Ring Bob
Bob said:
That's right Don. Berto is going to be an excellent addition to the ten ring. His extensive knowledge of firearms makes him a great addition to any thread and we are really looking forward to teaching him the relationship between 10mm, Chuck Norris and formidable nuclear weaponry
:horsey::juggle::welcome::grouphug::number1:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
This weekend I will be trying several different Double Tap loads in my G20sf... I plan on bringing water jugs, pop cans, maybe a watermellon, probably a soaked phone book... and just about anything else I want to see explode...
Please bring the video camera with ya!

DH

·
woo woo
31,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I'm so stoked.

I'll have to start easy guys, first paper punching and mild stuff. Local ranges don't allow 10mm, so they have to think it's .40.

·
10mm defender
2,398 Posts

I'm so stoked.

I'll have to start easy guys, first paper punching and mild stuff. Local ranges don't allow 10mm, so they have to think it's .40.

WTF? Why do they not allow 10mm?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts