Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Paper Killer
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the improvements in springs and companies like Springfield Armory wielding 19+1 round 9mm's, who thinks that Glock could up most of their 9mm's and .40/.357 Glock's capacity by 1 or 2 rounds? I'm thinking G17 19+1, G19 17+1, G22 16/17+1, G23 14/15+1 etc... I bet it can be done and keep legendary Glock reliability. Just some thought for discussion. Keep on the cutting edge of technology.

P.S. Mitchell's Mausers makes 20 round P226 magazines.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Didn't Springfield "up" XD capacity by making the grips longer?

·
Registered
99 Posts
With the improvements in springs and companies like Springfield Armory wielding 19+1 round 9mm's, who thinks that Glock could up most of their 9mm's and .40/.357 Glock's capacity by 1 or 2 rounds? I'm thinking G17 19+1, G19 17+1, G22 16/17+1, G23 14/15+1 etc... I bet it can be done and keep legendary Glock reliability. Just some thought for discussion. Keep on the cutting edge of technology.

P.S. Mitchell's Mausers makes 20 round P226 magazines.
I know how you feel, some glockers just don't like GLOCK's having less at anything than any other gun. I really feel 17+1 is more than enough or put in a different way, anything more than that and it's too much or more than I would actually WANT. If the next Polymer gun that comes out has 24+1 rounds, would you really think that would be BETTER? Sure the XDM has 2 more rounds in the 9mm version but it's also more cumbersome and heavier. I still think the G17 has a better balance w/ plenty of firepower to boot. If anyone feels underpowered w/ 17+1, there is always the 33rd magazine you can stick in. :supergrin:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Didn't Springfield "up" XD capacity by making the grips longer?
Absolutely. Have you seen how long the grip is in relation to the body/slide? Just throw a Pearce +3 extension and a Wolff +10% spring in a G17 and you have a 20+1 at about the same length as the XDM.

Or just go the 33 round route like was said earlier.

·
Banned
5,375 Posts
They tried to outshine Glock's perfection with 2 rounds of 9mm? Pu-leeze:rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts