close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can Glock beats 1911's in IDPA?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SIGlock, Jul 31, 2002.

1. SIGlock

SIGlock Millennium Member

For those who have a myth that Glock can never beat 1911's at IDPA competitions because Glock's trigger is too hard or too slow....please pick up the Glock Annual 2002 magazine and read it. There are plenty of Glock winners so far....and the list will grow even more in the future as Glock becomes more popular at competition gatherings.

It's not the SONG. It's the SINGER. :cool:

2. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

Well I'm not the best IDPA shooter in my local clubs, but I can hold my head up. Glocks don't get a lot of flack as "crap guns" in the IDPA clubs I go to (Terre Haute and Lafayette, Indiana) - they're pretty well respected.

What's opens everybody's eyes is I always compete with my G20 in 10mm - big boom baby! :)

kestrou

3. Cornbread2

Cornbread2

A lot of the local IDPA guys use Glocks. Mostly .40s.

4. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

Yes I agree, BUT. Take a close look at the top and bottom socre of any IDPA match, Nationals or otherwise. Margins or victory are measured in seconds on stages, and usually minutes in the match overall. Tactics, course management, accuracy, etc are what get wins in IDPA.

Then, go look at an IPSC match, margins of victory are measured in hundredths of seconds on stages, and seconds overall. Head to Head, in the hands of the same shooter on standard course, the 1911 is faster. It has been proven time and time again. In IDPA, if you say that you lost to a 1911 with a Glock, then you first should consult the rulebook and shoot in the correct division. Then consider practicing because the slight adavantage of the 1911 is surpassed easily by the better shooter, the better tactics, or the better stage manager.

5. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

NO!

At least not in Custom Defense Pistol (CDP)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

6. roygun

roygun

ONCE YOU GO INTO THE LAND OF THE SINGLE ACTION ONLY YOU MAY NEVER RETURN & THE SHOOTER BETTER CHECK WHAT DIVISION HE'S IN.......AH YES THE OLD IDPA VS. IPSC DEBATE........;C

7. eljay45

eljay45 NRA member

The shooter is what makes the difference. The 1911 is mechanically faster than the Glock, that does not mean everyone with a 1911 can beat everyone with a Glock.I recently shot an IDPA match with a Ruger GP100, I beat plenty of people shooting Glocks and 1911's. That doesn't mean my revolver is faster, It means I am faster.

8. roygun

roygun

eljay45 is exactly right.Many times I've won a match because I'm a better shooter or another shooter had a brain freeze. Like my man sez, you ought to see the faces when my old .38 S&W model 14 runs a better stage than the hosers. As an OLD IDPA shooter (member #580) I can tell the youngsters that you can't miss fast enough to win! Dave Jackson (shoots for S&W) using a 625-2 wheelgun makes all the auto shooters look like grandma in a wheelchair. His many hours of practice and work ethics show in his great skill. Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes a perfect run. To be a better shooter you must shoot to be better and that takes perfect practice.;C ;I

9. mr. pitiful

mr. pitiful

Its the user, not the gun. there are advantages and dissadvantages to each type, I shoot a 1911, and am usually in 1st or 2nd place overall, and I have beat and been beat by about every gun out there. I have been beaten by a great shooter with a glock, a Para, damn near a revolver last match, and I have beaten them all as well. everyone shoots better with a certain gun. If you like your Glock, and shoot well with it, then its the gun for you. The guy who has won the overall in the last few IDPA nationals shoots a glock. He also made grand Master in IPSC with a COMPACT model G19, He also just started competing about THREE YEARS AGO!!!! UHHHHHHHHH. Doesnt that hurt.

mr. pitiful

10. roygun

roygun

WE HAVEA 15YR. OLD WHO WON THE WORLD SPEED STEEL WINCHESTER CHALLENGE. HE SHOOTS FOR THE TACTICAL SHOOTING ACADEMY IN SURRY. RUN BY D.R. MIDDLEBROOKS. THE KID IS AMAZING TO WATCH. I WISH I HAD THE EYE/HAND COORDINATION OF MY YOUTH. AND I'VE SEEN SOME COWBOY ACTION GUYS AND GALS THAT FLAT SMOKE'EM. SHOOTING IS A GREAT SPORT BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT YOUR AGE YOU CAN STILL HAVE FUN. I SHOOT METALLIC SILHOUTTE WITH AN OLD COUPLE IN THIER 80'S.......COME TO FIND OUT THEY WERE BOTH NATIONAL CHAMPIONS MANY YEARS AGO. THEY CAN STILL RING STEEL @ 100 YDS. I LOVE IT!!!!!:cool: :) :cool: :)

11. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

A Glock can beat a 1911 in any sport. The 1911 does have an advantage in some respects but the shooter makes the difference in the end.

As for IDPA the overall champion of last year's Nationals was Sevigny with a G34

matt

12. Snokid

Snokid

I'm not a very good shooter but I have both glocks and 1911's

my first shot with my glock is usually around .80's -.90's

my first shot with my 1911 is usually around .90's - 1.00

ok that isn't saying a whole lot but the safety on a 1911 takes me just a tad longer to get off my first shot, so in this debate the glock is faster..

sno

13. roygun

roygun

DAVE IS REALLY AMAZING TO WATCH NO DOUBT. I'VE ENJOYED WATCHING OUR SPORT COME A LONG WAY FROM IT'S BEGINNINGS. MY IDPA # IS 580, SO I'VE BEEN AROUND A WHILE......IT TOOK VERY LITTLE TIME FOR IT TO SURPASS IPSC IN NUMBERS. I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT A PERSON SHOOTS. ALL OF THE TOP SHOOTERS IN ANY OF THE "GUN GAMES" DISPLAY A GREAT WORK & PRACTICE ETHIC THAT ALL OF THE YOUNGER SHOOTERS CAN ASPIRE TO. I'M PROUD OF THE SHOOTING SPORTS & THE DISCIPLINE THEY REQUIRE TO MASTER. DAVE IS A GREAT EXAMPLE AS IS ROB LEATHAM ,BARNHART & OTHERS. I ENJOY MY GLOCKS & 1911'S AND I THINK THAT'S WHAT MATTERS.....ENJOYMENT! A PERSON CAN'T BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THEY DON'T WANT TO DO OR ARE FORCED TO DO.....REGARDS;)

14. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

roygun

Please don't type in caps.