Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ado-ordered-to-close-due-to-covid-19-outbreak

Short summary. The City of Denver wasn't allowed to do what ever inspection they wanted in a Federal Facility for COVID.

Now City of Denver has demanded that the Postal Facility serving two states to shut immediately.

The person running the facility said they will not shut. The City / State cannot take their business license or anything else they have done to businesses that "Defy" them.

So interesting. Who wins. A Federal Facility saying they remain open or a City Government?

What happens when the City gets too big of britches and brings in local police to try and shut it down?

Reactions: 1bigK

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Well, they sure seem to be over riding federal laws regarding illegal aliens, so what's stopping them from trying more.

The question is what are they going to do about it. How does the city of Denver shut down the post office. Are they going to block every entrance and exit to the facility. Arrest every postal worker...

For that matter, how is the city going to collect taxes, send out notices and do any business that requires written notice without going bankrupt and using UPS, or courriers..

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
This will be interesting to watch. I always thought that federal law trumped state and local law, but if somehow Denver were able to override federal jurisdiction, could that perhaps be setting a dangerous precedent to later override the 2A as well?

Denver has practice at ignoring and defying state laws. Everyone knows about Colorado’s 15 round magazine limit. That law also contains a grandfather clause for pre-owned magazines of larger capacity, and a further stipulation that no city could write any law stricter than the state law.

Denver, prior to the state law had a 20 round mag limit, and they kept it on the books in case the state law were to be overturned by legal challenge. A couple of years ago Denver has changed that law to coincide with state limit of 15 rounds, but purposely omitted the grandfather clause, thereby making how many previously legal gun owners now criminals? I am waiting for someone to challenge Denvers’ illegal law and get it thrown out or amended, but that usually happens after someone is arrested under that dubious law and they will have to have some financial resources to carry that fight.

For sure, Dudley Brown and his “no compromise” RMGO/NAGR (who lives and maintains office right up the road) have not stepped up to challenge that law. And neither has NRA, nor have they responded when I have written to ask them why. Go figure. “But send us money for the fight.”

I have discussed this new law with my attorney, he just shook his head.

Posted from deep behind enemy lines here in the liberal bastion known as Denver, Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, they sure seem to be over riding federal laws regarding illegal aliens, so what's stopping them from trying more.

The question is what are they going to do about it. How does the city of Denver shut down the post office. Are they going to block every entrance and exit to the facility. Arrest every postal worker...

For that matter, how is the city going to collect taxes, send out notices and do any business that requires written notice without going bankrupt and using UPS, or courriers..
It seems it is illegal to obstruct of entrances, foyers, lobbies, corridors, offices, and parking lots of federal facilities.

Reactions: Mtnfolk75 and 1bigK

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
Postal employees go Postal!
:)

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For sure, Dudley Brown and his “no compromise” RMGO/NGOA (who lives and maintains office right up the road) have not stepped up to challenge that law. And neither has NRA, nor have they responded when I have written to ask them why. Go figure. “But send us money for the fight.”
You might know of controversies around RMGO and how money is spent.

Reactions: 1bigK

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ado-ordered-to-close-due-to-covid-19-outbreak

Short summary. The City of Denver wasn't allowed to do what ever inspection they wanted in a Federal Facility for COVID.

Now City of Denver has demanded that the Postal Facility serving two states to shut immediately.

The person running the facility said they will not shut. The City / State cannot take their business license or anything else they have done to businesses that "Defy" them.

So interesting. Who wins. A Federal Facility saying they remain open or a City Government?

What happens when the City gets too big of britches and brings in local police to try and shut it down?
No authority on Federal Property.

Let see them shutdown Cheyenne Mountain.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No authority on Federal Property.

Let see them shutdown Cheyenne Mountain.
Oh. Maybe the Governor just hasnt been given the idea yet that he can shut it down and bring President Trump to his begging the Governor to open it back up...

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
You might know of controversies around RMGO and how money is spent.
Might be aware, not sure which controversy specifically. I have spoken with Dudley and have issues with how he operates on many levels. Talking out of both sides of his mouth, self serving claim to be a Christian, non ending insults of every other “gun rights” group to try and make his own somehow look better, and the never ending give me more money for the fight at a pace that puts NRA to shame.

The man has lied to my face and pissed me off, so please share whatever you have. I would love to hear the dirt.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Oh. Maybe the Governor just hasnt been given the idea yet that he can shut it down and bring President Trump to his begging the Governor to open it back up...
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! I wanna see this.

·
Registered
672 Posts

yeah, the city cannot do anything to the gov'ment.

oh, they can try. but it'll be a laughing stock.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Might be aware, not sure which controversy specifically. I have spoken with Dudley and have issues with how he operates on many levels. Talking out of both sides of his mouth, self serving claim to be a Christian, non ending insults of every other “gun rights” group to try and make his own somehow look better, and the never ending give me more money for the fight at a pace that puts NRA to shame.

The man has lied to my face and pissed me off, so please share whatever you have. I would love to hear the dirt.

Well had we “compromised” there were votes to get mag limits increased from 15 to 30... but the no compromise ended that.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I am on the libertarian side so I don’t don’t care who sleeps with whom as long as it is consensual. I don’t like my money to go to anti personal freedom causes.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, the city cannot do anything to the gov'ment.

oh, they can try. but it'll be a laughing stock.
Maybe the Governor is not hoping that President Trump will beg on his knees...maybe the Governor is hoping the opposite...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts