Can anyone suggest a good holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Civilian sheep Dog, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Civilian sheep Dog

Civilian sheep Dog

In the market for a concealment holster for a Glock 17 & 30 any recommendations.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  2. BhamGlock

BhamGlock

Where do you want to carry? What gun are you trying to conceal?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010

3. Marky Mark

Marky Mark Curmudgeon

For IWB under a polo or tshirt, I use a Blade-Tech injection molded:

http://www.blade-tech.com/In-the-Waistband-Universal-Fits-All-Holster-pr-814.html

I order it with the J-hook instead of the straps.

For carry under a jacket or heavier garments, I like the DeSantis Speed Scabbard, it's a super comfortable "pancake" design that conceals well under a sport coat.

For IDPA and range training, either a Blackhawk or Blade-Tech kydex belt holster.

I have the same set of holsters for every gun I've carried. Don't forget to get a few mag pouches and a good stiff belt.

4. randyc74

randyc74 Custom Holster Maker

There is a wealth of knowledge and opinions on this forum. What weapon and how do you plan on carrying? Also, you may want to check the threads in the forum sponser section for forum members who make holsters.

5. DaveD

DaveD Ex-Mod Moderator Millennium Member

6. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

7. beancounter81

beancounter81

IWB - Comp-Tac MTAC
    OWB - Galco Concealable

8. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

How did I guess that this was the OP's first post?

9. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I second the Comp tac M-TAC
    mine is brand new and already comfy
    Owb-I actually like the Glock combat/sport(if you have a Glock)
    and I also like some of the Yaqui slides

10. blinddog

blinddog

Almost any of the Custom or Semi Custom Holsters work well, But this is a very personal area and what works for mew may not for you, I used a Glock sport holster for many years while in plain clothes, BUT IT WAS ALWAYS UNDER A JACKET, I went to a desantis but did not like it since it printed badlyI then found a Bianchii speed scabard type that worked for my G-21 and my G-27. I found that by positioning it so that the Barrel slipped into my back pocket it stayed hidden even with an untucked T- Shirt as long as the shirt was a size larger and my Belt was tight. But you have to dress for what you carry and carry to fit your body type

11. Civilian sheep Dog

Civilian sheep Dog

I prefer the waist
    It's for a Glock 17 9mm. I wouldn't wanna carry this model all the time it's not really ideal but I still would like to carry. Im in the market for the glock 30 any holster ideas on this one as well, thanks

12. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Comp tac M-TAC as well

13. StarkG23

StarkG23

Kholster either full or crecent moon, cut to shape you want, and super comfy.

www.kholster.com

For OWB, i use the Serpa :D

14. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

Galco Cop 3 slot for the G17. OWB. Great holster.

:cool:

15. SagKC

SagKC

Welcome!

Many options on holsters, with much information and several opinions found in this forum. Personally, I've been carrying a G30 in a Bianchi 100 Professional (IWB) this winter with great results. IMHO, it's inexpensive, easy on/off, good quality leather, and is comfortable and works great with or without a belt. Won't break the bank if deciding on how / where you want to carry a G30.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cjsageser%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="PersonName"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]>******** classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; color:navy;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> <o:p>http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=100
    </o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  16. Motown Fire

Motown Fire Everett

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. I use this same holster for both my G23 and G27 for the last 5 years or so. Great holster.

17. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

With a box full of expensive holsters I just want to recommend that if you do not buy the M-Tac you will be using the second best holster, at best.

18. tango44

tango44

19. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Alabama Holster Co makes several models of IWB. The Hooker is designed for appendix carry, but can be had with a cant to it for more rearward carry. Same model with a full loop is called the 360. They have another model called the Offside but I haven't used that one yet.
    alabamaholster.com