Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21,678 Posts
Right at the Covid panic buying started I went to my local shop to witness the madness and they had these new on sale for $449. No one was even paying attention to them. Everyone was buying Glocks, AR's, and shotguns.

·
Supreme Member
3,866 Posts
Very nice guns. I've had three of them since the 2010's.
Even back then they cost in the $600+ to over $700+ range.
In 1989 I bought a 92F and two boxes of 9mm FMJ ammo. Still have the receipt, $632 was the total. That's the equivalent of $1340 today.

·
Registered
613 Posts
They’re back in stock. I’m tempted, as I just handed down one of my Berettas to my oldest son when the pandemic started, so I’ve got a vacancy in the safe. This one is Italian, which is an added bonus these days. I hear the quality of the Tennessee guns is still a little spotty.
To anyone without a version of the 92, I can’t recommend it enough. I’ve been shooting these guns for thirty years, and I’ve yet to find a reason to rank anything else higher. The reliability and accuracy cannot be beat in an off-the-shelf combat pistol. Maybe equaled, but not beat. All it needs is a “D spring” and you're as well-armed as you can be with a pistol.
To those that call it heavy, I remember when it was the lightweight alternative to carrying a 5906 off-duty.

·
Texas Born & Bred
3,575 Posts
Yes I might like them a little. I only have four, counting the Centurion variants of the 92/96's. Although another couple might be prudent. As a combat handgun, I personally rank them equal to my P series Sigs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts