Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a G26 and G29SF as carry guns, with stock sights.

Before dropping $100 each on fancy new sights, would like to know observations on whether new sights help with accuracy, other than low light situations. They help even at the range? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
They certainly help me, as I find it much easier to focus on a big orange front sight now that my eyes have aged quite a bit. Also, sights such as the Trijicon HDs and the Ameriglo Agents are much better constructed than the stock Glock plastic sights. I have Ameriglo Agents on my Gen5's, and Trijicon HD's on all the others.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Honestly that's really only something you can answer for yourself. Yes you may have to spend a few bucks trying things to see what you like or if you even like something better.

Me personally, I don't have stock Glock sights on anything. And it's not because they're plastic, it's just because I can't stand the goal post.

Maybe watch some Youtube videos or if you have any friends with aftermarket sights then try theirs and see what you like.

My carry guns have Ameriglos on them which took a bit of trial and error to come to that. The bright orange front just works for me. My groups at 21 feet shrank quite a bit after making the switch. Again, that's just me though.

My eyes are really getting horrible and outside of carry guns I've really gravitated towards red dot sights. RMRs, Deltapoints and the like.

Reactions: Taft93730

·
Registered
176 Posts
I really like the Glock night sights. They aren’t very expensive, but they are obviously much more durable than the plastic ones. AmeriGlo CAP sights are nice too, but I’m not sure I do enough shooting to really notice a difference. In a defensive shooting, you may never see your sights anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
They help many. I put a fiber optic on my Guide Gun and it works great for my eyes but my friend has young eyes and he likes the original sight. I will put something I can see better on my carry guns when I get around to it but they are actually fine for target shooting and OK for self defense. Low light self defense is a plenty good reason to change sights if you cant see them. I would try some sights out on different guns at a store to see if there is something you like. It has been said that your best friend in a gunfight is your front sight and a fiber optic sight or other front sight that draws your attention to it just might keep a guy from making the common mistake of looking at the target instead if the front sight.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts

Big fan of the Ameriglo Agents. I like the extra “light” on the sides to get more precise shots. The orange picks up quickly when pressing out onto target to get the sight picture during the draw. Night sights are good, but the orange really pops when using a flashlight as well. Very big imrpovement over the stock sights. And for $75 shipped from Brownells, it’s a small price to pay for a big improvement.

I think a lot of time everyone wants a good gun, but we are all always looking for a deal. I’m fairly cheap, but have learned over the years not to skimp on the important things like holsters, belts, sights, and magazines. Luckily, my carry ammo is free.

·
Registered
358 Posts

Before dropping $100 each on fancy new sights, would like to know observations on whether new sights help with accuracy, other than low light situations. They help even at the range? Thanks.
Try removing both the front and rear sights and just use the slide for reference. You might find the Glock shoots quite well without any sights. Night shooting with little to no ambient light is a bit trickier.

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
Discussions like this are the reason I don't have a problem with the factory plastic Glock sights. On a basic level, the factory plastic works fine, but everyone has their own personal preferences when it comes to sights. I have a mix of Glock plastic sights, Glock night sights and Ameriglo night sights among my Glocks.

·
NRA Life Member
69,021 Posts

No; yes.

No, they won't help with accuracy - you could glue rocks the slide and be perfectly accurate, as long as you lined them up the same every time. Your accuracy problems are in your hands, not your sights, barrel or ammunition. Most shooters don't learn that until they spend a lot of money on sights, barrels and ammunition - which miraculously makes them better shots when they go to range to test them...the first time, when they are really concentrating on accuracy.

Yes, the will help at night and low light. Personally, I like the TruGlo TFO and TFX type sights, because they glow in light or dark, not just in the dark like most night sights.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts