close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can a guy and a girl be best friends?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mallet72, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Yes, they are right, from their perspective. From the perspective of a dispassionate 3rd party, it does not work. From the perspective of the guy in the relationship, it does not work.

(meaning, it does not work more often than it does).
    'Drew

2. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

I believe it then. It wouldn't matter how good-looking he was, the anti-gunner liberal thing would just kill my libido. I might keep up the friendship on the basis of listening to the accent. Maybe.

Mrs.Cicero

3. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

I know within 2 seconds (max???) if a guy is going to be categorized into the "romantic" or "friend" column. I'm not into that "let's be friends first" nonsense/drama.

4. Calico Jack

Calico Jack NO QUARTER

I could tell you a true story about this situation, but I am currently in talks with HBO about making a series based on my life 4 years ago.:faint: Seriously, I would say do what your gut tells you. No one else on here knows the real situation and all the feelings involved. All I can say is good luck.

5. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

He's great for skiing, partying, hiking...all those activities. Sit down for this cause this will SLAY YOU....

he's totally into "rights" for sexual predators...like he's anti-Megan's law, etc. We have gotten into physical fights over stuff like that.

6. rem2429

rem2429

says you...

7. rem2429

rem2429

So let help start your next conversation...

"You know, I really like spending time with you" see where it goes. For better or worse, at least you had the talk and don't have to sit around feeling sorry for yourself or wondering. Good luck.

8. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

In any case, I believe OP said he is 21. A 21 year old should not be focusing on one person so much. I know, he's not going to listen, I wouldn't have either. :cool: Have fun along the way, date a variety of girls and find out your preferences and likes. Stop this silliness.

At your age the best things you can be doing are concentrating on your education, building a career and establishing personal and financial value.

If you do, you will find an amazing thing will happen. When you are 30, you will have your pick of the litter. The women who were "out of your league" or not interested in you when you were 21, will be oh so very interested in you at 30 when have completed your degree, have a budding career of your choice, have saved up and purchased your own home by yourself, can afford to go on trips out of the country, etc. Oh brother will they be interested. But you will not be interested in them anymore because you will be dating the hot 21-25 year olds. :supergrin:

Or, drink lots beer with your buds, semi pursue education and career, chase women of dubious character, knock one of them up, and then wake up one day at 35 and wonder what the hell happened to your youth and how the hell did you wind up married to a screeching banshee for a wife with two kids that are probably yours.

Red Pill - Blue Pill, your choice. :wavey:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  9. nathanours

nathanours Texan

To the OP:

Me and my current girlfriend (been together about a year and a half) were best friends for about 2 years before we got together. When I met her, she was with one of my other friends (I actually met her through him) and after that ended we remained friends. I started having feelings for her, and it ended up she did for me also.

By the way even when we were just friends, it was nothing like in that onion article.

If all works out, and she is into you too, then I speak from personal experience saying that it is amazing to be in a relationship with a girl that is your best friend also.

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck.

ETA: I am also 21 too.

10. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

That's because you are carrying your Man Card, sir. :supergrin:

11. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

I don't know. They can be friends. But best friends (defined as you are the most important person in the world that I am not sleeping with, outside of my family)? And to be honest, if we're defining best friend as the friend I spend the most time with, and that person is male... my interest is not purely platonic. Why would I waste that much time on a man I wasn't interested in... uh... romantically? Now that I've told you, I'll have to kill you...

My best friend is a man, but I sleep with him, so that's not going to help you. Or maybe it will.

Mrs.Cicero, very married for 17+ years, to her best friend...:tongueout:

12. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Very few women are. What you said should be written down by all men. A woman knows VERY quickly whether you are the kind of fellow she is interested in sexually or not, and it would take a miracle for her to change her mind on that point and see you any different.

Despite all the pathetic attempts of men to "nice guy" their way into a woman's bed. This is no jab at women, this is just the truth of the matter. Any guy that doesn't think so is kidding himself. If guys would learn this lesson and learn to pick up on it, they would save themselves so much time, heartache and moola.

Unfortunately, it would probably put flowers.com and Hallmark out of business. Maybe I could start a card company? "Dear _______, You are the most precious and special girl I ever met. [I don't hold that three way you said you did in college against you] I want you to be my one and only girl. I see us having a future together [just as soon as you dump your current boyfriend, and stop banging your boss.] Will you be my Valentine?" Lol.

13. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

:rofl::rofl:

can someone tell me how I can quote this and make it my signature?

14. Openroadracer

Openroadracer

I don't know if i should laugh or cry, the screeching banshee is upstairs on the treadmill right now.:crying::rofl:

15. snubfan

snubfan Giant Member

I didn't read all the other posts but the two surefire ways to get her attention with a quickness are to start dating her closest single girlfriend or her arch nemesis.

16. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

All you had to say was "frenchman" the rest is just redundant...

17. Weiser 878

Weiser 878 R O C K E R

I haven't read anything besides the original post. I don't want to see or hear anymore because it cuts to close to home.
    I will say that you being in love with her isn't a secret. She knows. Believe it.
    My best friend is a girl. She's an ex. We've had "relations" together, so there's no mystery about that, and she cheated on me with my former best friend, so she's dead to me as a sexual being now, plus there's no mystery since I've been there. I think this is the only reason it works.

The phenomenon you're now suffering through is known as the Mermaid Theory.
    Its thesis is simply No matter how hot or unhot a woman is, eventually you will want to sleep with her.
    To expound:
    The Mermaid Theory proves that a chick's hotness - as measured in units of how much you want to bone her - increases in direct proportion to the time exposed to her.

The theory draws its uniquely and incredibly creative nomenclature from the olden days, before airplanes made boats obsolete... not only as a mode of transportation but also as the preferred vehicle to have sex on.

Sailors and explorers on particularly long voyages found that manatees - those large blubbery water creatures - would magically morph into beautiful mermaids that said sailors wanted to knock flippers with. Thus, the legend of mermaids was born, straight out of the male mind's unfaltering desire to find something, anything, to stick it to.

For the modern male the theory translates as follows: No matter how hot or unhot a woman is, eventually you will want to sleep with her. The time it takes for this process to occur is the chick's "Mermaid Clock." It starts the first time you lay eyes on a chick* and stops ticking the instant you want to get your jam on.

For further reading about how a woman has already decided if you have a chance to sleep with her or not as soon as she meets you, please reference http://laddertheory.com/

Here endeth the lesson...

18. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

this thread delivers!!

19. Openroadracer

Openroadracer

Weiser I agree with the theory you posted. Seen it first hand numerous times in my own life.

20. Camu Mahubah

Camu Mahubah 9=Fine

Yep....unless you can somehow manage to get them marooned on a deserted tropical island where there just happens to be a case of brandy from a French shipwreck from the 1700's...and all there is to wear is fancy Frenchie outfits in a teak chest...

Swashbuckle away...and call her "Matey!"

^Dangit! I musta been posting this the same the Manatee THeory was being posted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.