Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
according to usps.com - says arms and ammo not allowed but nothing about parts. Many times countries will say no arms, ammo, or parts. I've shipped rifle parts in those cases but a glock slide...i duno

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I don't think I'd bother with it, even if it was legal. There's got to be a butt load of red tape for something like that.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no not really. Just box it and fill out a customs form saying what it is address it's going to , value, weight and that is it. I dont know what he has to do.

·
... --- ...
3,383 Posts
no not really. Just box it and fill out a customs form saying what it is address it's going to , value, weight and that is it. I dont know what he has to do.
There may be ATF or Customs restrictions about shipping weapons / components outside of the US, that you may not be aware of.

You can place illegal drugs in an envelope and mail it too, doesn't mean it's legal.

Just the potential for breaking a law would make me hesitant to do it. I'm sure you can sell it here in the US easily, why bother selling it overseas?

Plus, a lot of scammers operate overseas, are you sure you're not being scammed?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I wouldn't take the word of some gun board expert on this. Call the French Embassy or a French Consulate and find out for yourself.
Where did I claim to be a "gun board expert". I made no claims otherwise, made one statement. What are you the thread police? Get over yourself.

·
Miembro Antiguo
9,988 Posts
Where did I claim to be a "gun board expert". I made no claims otherwise, made one statement. What are you the thread police? Get over yourself.

Excuse me Joe. I was not speaking about you specificly, but the gunboard "experts" in general that one encounters on the web. I should have been more clear about that.

·
just me
8,198 Posts
There may be ATF or Customs restrictions about shipping weapons / components outside of the US, that you may not be aware of.

You can place illegal drugs in an envelope and mail it too, doesn't mean it's legal.

Just the potential for breaking a law would make me hesitant to do it. I'm sure you can sell it here in the US easily, why bother selling it overseas?

Plus, a lot of scammers operate overseas, are you sure you're not being scammed?
that it it ( the frame is a firearm in the US and overseas i want to say that it is the barrel and the slide that is the firearm ) I had a guy that wanted to buy a barrel from me don't know how he even could have known that i had a spare G19 barrel he want me to send it overseas and i looked in to it called a gunshop and they told me do not ship it overseas !!!!! :wavey:

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
that it it ( the frame is a firearm in the US and overseas i want to say that it is the barrel and the slide that is the firearm ) I had a guy that wanted to buy a barrel from me don't know how he even could have known that i had a spare G19 barrel he want me to send it overseas and i looked in to it called a gunshop and they told me do not ship it overseas !!!!! :wavey:
I know that in some European countries, the slide is the gun for legal purposes. Don't know about France specifically. There was a time when some enterprising guys were buying frames in Europe and slides/barrels in the US so they could assemble a gun with no serial numbers at all. I think that's why Glocks now have serial numbers on the slide and barrel in the US even though those do not constitute a weapon here.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Well, you might not get into trouble, but the guy buying it might. Might want to check and if you do and it's illegal in france, don't go to france for a while.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
Well, you might not get into trouble, but the guy buying it might. Might want to check and if you do and it's illegal in france, don't go to france for a while.
Under the Patriot Act, weapons smuggling could be classed as a terrorist act. You could be renditioned and tried secretly in France. Once Constitutional protections are violated, they are violated for everyone.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It's not classified as a firearm under US law so I don't see what you need to worry about, it's the guy on the other ends problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts