Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't everything else in the top of the Glock 30 basically the Glock 29? Aren't they the same parts except for the stamps? Can it handle the chamber pressures of full 10mm heavy factory loads? (37,500 psi)

With a proper 10mm conversion barrel and recoil spring/assembly in the Glock 30 could you shoot 750+ ft lb (~1000 J) 10 mm Buffalo Bore ammo without risking damage?

I have the Glock 35 with a 9mm conversion and absolutely love it. I've had no issues so far with it. No FTF or FTE. I'm just wondering if it's practical to shoot Buffalo Bore 10mm out of a converted Glock 30. It would be a very handy woods backup gun, and still could shoot .45 acp too.

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
I know it is practical to shoot 45 Super in a Glock 30 with just the addition of a Wolff non captive recoil spring assy using a 21# spring set. I have no experience of trying to convert one to 10mm.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Couple people on here have done it with good success. The barrels are a little hard to come by sometimes.

·
I'm not retired
7,820 Posts
Who makes a 10mm conversion for a G30? Personally, I would do the LW .460 Roland barrel and get some BB kodiac killers. Then you could say 'who needs a 10mm when I got this?'. ;);)

After a few years of tuning 1911's to shoot various loads, you can take this to the bank...getting your RSA to let your cases eject well enough, but also keep the slide from battering the frame is important if you want your frame to last or not get peened to death, and it is easily done. You may have to experiment with a couple different springs, but if you're going to shoot the stuff, it's way cheaper than buying a new gun every 500 rds.

·
Transform & Win
3,347 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who makes a 10mm conversion for a G30?
Storm Lake Glock 30 10mm conversion barrel:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/16...-conversion-1-in-16-twist-378-stainless-steel

Brownells Glock 30 10mm conversion barrel: (Scroll down the list on the page)
http://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa.../conversion-barrels-for-glock--prod41272.aspx

Also, I'm reading a couple spots online that people are using the Glock 29 OEM barrels on the Glock 30 without a hitch. Can anyone verify this?

If that is true it opens up the Glock 30 to the Glock 29 conversion barrels too: 40 S&W, .357 Sig. etc.

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
Anyone try the 450 SMC? Suppose to be the same as 45 Super.
I did in my Glock 21 years ago. It was the 230 grain Triton JHP @ a nominal 1150 fps. Pretty tough stuff.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My 30 to 10mm went fine with a few tweeks. Read the above thread. I had to modify a extractor to be able to hinge closer into the breach face. I also had to run wolf mag springs. I found the storm lake stock length barrel to be almost as fast as the oem g20 barrel. At least with my loads. I've also shot a significant amount of .40 through this same set up with no issues.

·
Combat Diver
3,600 Posts
If you are patient, there are G 29's available here for sale for under $500.

Barrels, springs spare parts etc may put you very close to that. While I am an advocate of diversity and have "converts" in my safe, I may opt for a complete G 29.

·
1911 lover
10,174 Posts
I would just buy a used 29 unless you are really wanting to learn the absolute perfect way to do the change.. sometimes its just easier to buy one than make one..

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Hello Bitey001, welcome to Glock Talk.

I cover all the caliber conversions for the versatile Glock 30 in the library at:

The post in the library that will answer most, if not all, of your questions about the conversion to 10mm is linked below. The post discusses options to consider for barrels, extractor mods, recoil spring and mags.

Converting the Glock 30 to 10mm Caliber
Listen to this guy, he knows what he is talking about, my most reliable 10mm is
the G30 with a LW G29 4.6'' barrel, have three G30's, works with cast and jacketed.

Standing I can shoot 1 5/8'' at 20yds with no problem.

This is one of the boolits I cast and use in the 40 and 10mm, have others
but I would use this for hunting and fun. its a cheap mold but good, mine
throws a 183gr boolit.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000690256/Double-Cavity-Mold-401-175-TC-

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000690690/6-Cavity-Mold-401-175-TC-

I also have two G 20s, one a SF and the other is a Gen 4.

I also load cheap 40 brass to 10mm power by seating the boolits long, 183gr cast
at 1300fps is no problem.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you are patient, there are G 29's available here for sale for under $500.

Barrels, springs spare parts etc may put you very close to that. While I am an advocate of diversity and have "converts" in my safe, I may opt for a complete G 29.
I would just buy a used 29 unless you are really wanting to learn the absolute perfect way to do the change.. sometimes its just easier to buy one than make one..

That is what I decided. I found a used G29sf for $450. Plus I liked the idea of having another Glock. It did take a few years to locate(wasn't looking hard, found it locally), but I had my G30sf preparing me for the G29sf.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I tried it with a Storm Lake barrel and it was very unreliable no matter what I did. I just went and bought a G20.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts