close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Campy/Pulp/Grindhouse movies

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dennis in MA, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I've really tried. My entire adult life, I've tried to like these things.

Oh dear me. No thanks.

I remember some dolt in the Boston Globe going on about this campy 80's movie, "Frankenhooker." It had just come out on VHS (it was the 80's) so I rented it with my then-GF (now wife).

She was ready to shut it off within 5 min. I told her what a great review it got and we should wait. I lasted the whole thing. She left. It sucked. :(

While Tarentino's Grindhouse was decent, you are taking silly plot along with good direction, good acting and good FX. Those campy things are just bad bad bad.

I tried watching a few from Netflix a few weeks ago. One got an "X" rating in the early 70's because of the graphic nature of the violence.

Uh, no. It was so fake it wasn't even funny. "Is that jello? Why does that sound like plastic breaking?"

Along with bad acting, terrible dialog and scenes that just didn't make sense.

I think with a group of people and lots of alcohol, it might be funny. But it seems there are people that LOVE this stuff. Hell, Tarentino talks about how much he LOVED these movies growing up. Huh??? Really????

What am I missing? Help me out.

2. Adjuster

Adjuster

The last campy movie I saw was Machete. I thought it was pretty good but I like that kind of fun movie that some people just don't get. I am a huge fan of Zoolander. Most people think that is the dumbest movie ever made. Take a look at Danny Trejos upcoming movies. He must be the busiest actor in Hollywood at the moment.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001803/

/

3. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Machete was OK. A bit sillier than the others. But, again, much much more $ (and brain cells) spent on it than the top 5 campy/grindhouse movies of all time COMBINED.

4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Killdozer you haven't seen camp until you see that one

:animlol: