close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Campus cop pulls gun on skateboarder

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by armorplated, Mar 31, 2010.

1. armorplated

armorplated

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0310/721260.html

[​IMG]

A campus police officer at Tulsa Community College is under scrutiny after he pulled his gun on a group of skateboarders.

It happened at the downtown campus over the weekend and part of the confrontation was caught on tape.

The video is stirring up a lot of reaction.

The outcome is black and white -- 18-year-old Chase Rail, sitting on the sidewalk, is about to be arrested. But, what led the skateboarder to this point is a shade of gray.

"I didn't realize just how much it affected me at first," says Matt Phipps, Chase's friend and fellow skateboarder who was filming his friends in action on TCC property moments before campus police arrived.

"As soon as he said that we should leave, we started walking towards the car," Phipps says. "We complied."

But, Matt says the officers wanted identification. And, when Chase didn't have any, an argument ensued and a gun was drawn.

"He pulls it out, points it at Chase and says get on the ground you son of a..."

At that point, Phipps says he decided to start rolling. During the scuffle the officer's gun is holstered again, but falls out when he hits the ground. As he picks it up, he points it towards Rail, and tells TPD he wants the teenager arrested for assaulting an officer.

It was a frightening, ugly confrontation -- all of it happening right in the middle of a public street.

"I just want to stress that this could have been anybody," Phipps says.

You can view the entire video below. We want to warn you however that it does contain some graphic language.

(VIDEO AT BOTTOM OF THE LINK)

2. happy seal

happy seal