close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Camp's Books Also Available in Paperbook...

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Stephen A. Camp, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Stephen A. Camp

Stephen A. Camp Deceased

Hello. Recently I received requests to offer my books in a less-expensive paperback version. I looked into what was required for "perfect binding," cover materials, costs, time required to print, and so forth and after some work and research, determined it was feasible to do such a project. At that time, I announced that the larger books, which do have a couple of color photographs with the numerous black & white pictures, might be discontinued. Though they continue to sell, I had to look at the time spent printing and binding both types.

Due to many unexpected Emails asking that the full-size books continue, I've opted to at least temporarily offer both versions. I also looked at the formatting on the earlier books and decided that it was time to improve these books. Based on feedback and personal observations, all of the books have been reformatted and have much better looking covers as well...at least that's what is intended.

The full-sized 8 1/2 x 11" books are reformatted and have the same front covers as their trade manual size 5 1/2 X 8 1/2" counterparts. The larger books continue to have the color photographs inside while the paperback's do not, but no text has been removed and both versions contain all of the same information. Quality has not been reduced on either. The larger books are spiral bound and will lay flat while the paperbacks are perfect bound and will not. Both have heat-laminated covers.

The Shooter's Guide to the Browning Hi Power:

[​IMG]
    Both versions have the same front cover design. The paperback has the rear cover as well while the larger one has the color photos inside. Not focused on history, this book is aimed at the Hi Power shooter. Differences between current models of the Hi Power are discussed as well as how to dismantled and maintain the gun. Modifications that "work" are discussed as well as those I've not had such good luck with. Ammunition is mentioned in a section and there is a FAQ chapter as well as comparisons of the Hi Power with what I believe are its top three competitors. The gun's strong points are brought forth, but its weak ones are not hidden. The book was written by a Hi Power fanatic for other Hi Power fans. It's based on 30 + years of shooting them.

Cost:

8 1/2 x 11": $19.95 + $5 S&H
    95 pages

5 1/2 x 8 1/2: $14.95 + $3 S&H
    137 pages

Defensive Handguns:

[​IMG]
    This book targets folks opting to use a handgun for protection at home, in the car, or in lawful concealed carry. At the same time, I tried to make interesting for the more experienced members of the shooting community. It covers mental aspects, "stopping power," skill at arms, guns for the handicapped, car guns, holsters, and a myriad of associated topics pertinent to the defensive hangun.

Cost:

8 1/2 x 11": $22.95 + $5 S&H
    135 pages

5 1/2 x 8 1/2": $16.95 + $3 S&H
    204 pages

9mm Ammunition Tests: The Shooter's Guide to Ammunition for the Browning Hi Power:

[​IMG]
    This book's meant to be the companion to the earlier book on the Hi Power. That book focused on the gun, but did cover some ammo used with good results over the decades. This book focuses on ammunition shot through the Hi Power, much of which was not tested in the previous book. Two Mk III pistols are used throughout the book. Twelve FMJ factory "range ammo" loads are examined along with twenty-five expanding commercial loads. Average velocities, extreme spreads, and standard deviations are provided for each load. How well they grouped...or didn't is as well. Where pertinent, case dimensions before and after shooting are provided. Bullet set back is also measured and noted for the reader. Expanding bullets receive the same treatment, but are also tested for expansion in water and "wet pack." Recovered bullet diameters and weights are provided as well. The expanded bullets are photographed for the reader. Much information is provided and various ideas about "stopping power" are discussed...with none being forced upon the reader. Instructions are also given on how a layman can do the very same things done in the book.

Cost:

8 1/2 x 11: $19.95 + $5 S&H
    107 pages

5 1/2 x 8 1/2": $14.95 + $3 S&H
    159 pages

Hi Power Disassembly Guide:

This will remain available in its original form. It is constructed of heavy white card stock with 37 color photographs and boxed text to walk the reader through the complete breakdown or detail-stripping of the Browning Hi Power. It consistes of 3 sheets, printed front and back, and heat-laminated to protect it while being used at the bench. The pages are secured by a removeable steel ring.

[​IMG]

Cost: $10 + $2 S&H
    (The S&H charges are waived if ordered with another book, full-size or paperback.)

I accept PayPal or payment by mail. For details, feel free to Email or PM. There's also information under "Products" at www.hipowersandhandguns.com

What it amounts to is that you can save aproximately 28% on the paperback versions; your book just won't lay flat and there are no color photographs inside. Both have color covers.

Best.

2. Stephen A. Camp

Stephen A. Camp Deceased

Hello. First, thanks to all who have bought the books in either size.

I've received several inquiries concerning the possibility of combining "The Shooter's Guide to the Browning Hi Power" and "9mm Ammunition Tests: The Shooter's Guide to Ammunition for the Browning Hi Power" into one book.

This is certainly possible, but only in the paperback size. The manufacturer of the spines used in the 8 1/2 x 11" version do not make any large enough for such a book.

However, the cost for the trade manual paperback size would be less than the cost for each book that size sold separately.

If you'd be interested in this combined book, let me know. If enough are, I'll sure see what can be done.

Thanks, and best.

3. mrdoright04/05

mrdoright04/05

I knew this guy was "PRO":cool:

4. Stephen A. Camp

Stephen A. Camp Deceased

Hello. I'd like to thank the folks who've purchased books either in full or reduced sizes. Because of your interest, I can keep these at the same price as now and am working on a deal to be able to reduce the prices of the trade manual size books. That part's harder than expected and may not happen, but I'm not giving up yet. If this does happen, it'll be in the future.

Thank you all again.

Best.