close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Camping at Indy this weekend????

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by B Coyote, Jun 23, 2002.

1. B Coyote

B Coyote

Hi everyone,

Just wondering...Is there camping available at Indy's shoot this weekend? I'm coming down Saturday night, and shooting Sunday. If I can save a few bucks by tenting it, rather than getting a hotel, I'm all for it. :)

If no one knows for sure, who would I email or call about finding out? Thanks a ton for any information.

bc

2. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Bcoyote...I went to the internet and searched Eagle Creek Park and found that my observations were correct they offer no over night camping at that facility....the park is open dawn to dusk with no fee for entry and caters to water sports and attracts competition in Triathalons. What route do attend to take there might be some options private and there is large State Park to the west that offers camping(Turkey Run)this park is probably 50 miles from Eagle Creek though.. ;d

3. B Coyote

B Coyote

Festus, I'm coming from Michigan City...I usually take 421 to 65 then 65 South. I've seen a couple places along the way, but none that are really close.

I was hoping to camp at the range. I know my club offers some camping spots for events, I was kinda hoping this club would too.

As it turns out, I have a relative in Fishers (the other side of Indy?) who may let my wife and myself stay overnight.

If not, a hotel it is.

bc

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Bcoyote...It's a 3 hour drive for me I leave at 6:00 am get there at 9:00 am....I was about 20th in line last year....I shop at Kemps for my reloading supplies in Michigan City .....that is about a 3 hour drive as well isn't it....anyway see you at the match and goodluck;f