Campaign Contribution Solicitations

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by railfancwb, Sep 24, 2020.

1. railfancwb

railfancwb

Lately my email seems to rapidly fill with solicitations for campaign contributions to help prevent the world as we know it from ending.

I understand that. It is, after all, THAT season.

However I’m having trouble understanding the matching contribution ploy. “Double your contribution” is now overshadowed with “____ times match has been activated” with the numbers 3, 4, or 5 commonly appearing. Today I got one saying “6x match activated”.

Cynical me wonders 1) Where is this matching money coming from? 2) If that money is in the bank why not just use it and don’t bother me? 3) How do I know that my $100 or other amount was actually matched?

2. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

I ask them if they want my vote or my money? one or the other

Emily W Trott and jmohme like this.

3. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

I have one for saving pygmies in South America. PM me on where to send donation.

FullClip likes this.
  4. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Send the check to me....made out for Children's Alliance Security Hospice....or just CASH as it's easier.

But the big question is how much did you pony up to help John Adams get elected???

5. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Meh... pretty sure the “matching” thing is just marketing to make people think they are making more of a difference.

The reality is, you ARE making a difference by donating, even a small amount. Because others like you are doing the same thing and it adds up.

So don’t worry about the “matching.” Just donate as much as you can and know that you’re doing something where others are content to have something done to them if the election goes South.

6. Psychman

Psychman NRA Patriot Life Member

First time I have donated to a presidential campaign.

BradD and TheDreadnought like this.
  7. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Nice attitude.

How about you give both?

Or when Trump loses you can ask yourself, “do you want your guns, or your investments?” You only get one.

... until Biden and crew takes the other one as well.

Voting alone isn’t enough to get us through this. This time it’s all on the line. If you really care about your freedom and prosperity, don’t make a half-assed show of support.

Takes money to pay for all the local election infrastructure (Boots on the ground doing election monitoring/get out the vote stuff).

And a boat load of money to pay the multiple legal teams that will be fighting things out after Election Day.

Simi_gun_guy and Psychman like this.
  8. 1bigK

1bigK

Yes, it is the season. I find it humorous and frustrating both that on YouTube I am getting dem solicitation ads at the beginning of nearly every gun friendly videos. Very nauseating that it is Chuckles Schumer and Donna Brazille making the pitch, and you have to watch the entire ad to see the vid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

I spent my campaign money buying steel cable to keep my Trump sign in my yard

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  10. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

I get a lot of those ads.

11. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

I spend my money buying guns and watches and cat food and stockings. Keeping the economy going.

Emily W Trott and 1bigK like this.
  12. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

If you’re not donating to prevent a demoncats takeover of govt then you’ll soon have more money, but only for watches, cat food and stockings. Guns will be a no go soon enough.

Good work!

Ed

TheDreadnought likes this.
  13. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

How about both? Money is the mothers milk of politics, and the dems have plenty of wealthy donors that think nothing of spending $100,000,000 to buy felons votes in Florida.
    You mean to tell me you can’t donate $10? Really? I’m on unemployment and I’m still scrapping up $5 here and there to send to folks that support my POV.

So, what’s your excuse???

Ed

TheDreadnought likes this.
  14. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Money isn't going to win the election , votes are. I campaign for trump all the time. I am on on employment too and am suffering from Heart Arrhythmia because of a blood clot in my heart which I am told can break loose at any time and kill me. So why don't you donated 10k in my name and if I am alive after the election I will get it back to you?

15. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

I’m sorry to hear that. But I would think you would have the opposite reaction....

Is there no one in this world that you care about enough to care what kind of country you leave for them?

Normally votes are the most important thing in an election. But this year, more than most, it’s all about who is counting the votes. Lawyers are going to win this election.

Hiring more and better lawyers takes money and a lot of it.

It doesn’t take a $10k donation (that wouldn’t be legal in any case.). Even $10 will help, and you will have done something to help preserve the future of this country for someone you care about.

Boundertom likes this.
  16. unit 900

unit 900

Giving money is akin to splitting the atom. The chain reaction goes on and on. I've donated several time to the Trump campaign. I now get about 6-8 texts daily to my cell from every Republican under the sun that is running for office. I just delete them at this point, but like the tide, they roll in regularly.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Emily W Trott likes this.
  17. nmk

nmk

Has anyone ever changed vote for president because of a yard sign?

18. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

Fwimbw: try viewing YT through a browser (whether mobile ver., or laptop/stationary compt ver.) w/sufficient advert & other blockers in place - rather than for example, using the YT "app" .

I cannot recall EVER being subjected to averts and such on YT... not via the 'droid tablet or winblows laptop. 'Prefer FF to Chrome (which has become increasingly undesirable to me from privacy & security aspects.)

Of course, I don't "app." Anywhere a browser that *I* control works, I have no use for an extraneous <cough> PROGRAM controlled by others.

Jfwimbw.

19. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

:ender::ender::ender::ender::ender::ender::ender::ender: Yada Yada Yada

20. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

You get the government that you deserve.