close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Camera people, I need your help.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JGguns, Mar 28, 2010.

1. JGguns

JGguns

I am looking for a new video camera. Basically I am looking for something that I can film matches(shooting), parst of my nephews t-ball game, and use for making youtube vids. I have seen alot of people on youtube making nice HD video with digital camera's. But the videos are for the most part static. My main concern with that is loosing quality with fast panning around and moving. Here what I am looking for and my budget give or take.

Prefer HD
    Semi Compact(not a must though)
    tri-pod adaptable
    easy software
    And I would like to keep this under 250 if thats possible. And of course the lower the better.

I have looked at alot of different makers such as cannon(wich unless I buy used is alittle to much), sony, panasonic etc. But I just dont know enough about the things to know whats good. Any help would be great. And if anyne has something that fits my bill and wants to sell please pm me:supergrin:

2. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

I saw a decent Sanyo not too long ago for ~$169 on woot.com. It met all your requirements but I can't remember the model number.

Greg

3. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

4. JGguns

JGguns

Man I wish I would have seen it on woot!

5. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-Action-HD-GVS-Definition/dp/B001GXR03U
    ~$150 to ~$180 most places.

It is a cheap camera, certainly, but it does 720p at 60fps for those tee ball games and has some stabilization. Features like that cost more cash in other camera lines.

It absolutely stinks in low light, but any camera in the price range specified will.

Edited to add: Don't rely on whatever software comes with your camera. It's usually very bad, and it means hoping that you never use a new format it can't handle or you end up transitioning software when you get another camera. Vegas Home is $40. Premiere Elements is $66.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010