Came back to Glock part 2

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Strahley, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Strahley

Strahley

Previous thread: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1166573

I dropped off my old M&P 9 compact to its new owner today, and picked up my new Glock 19 on the way back home. I plan on keeping this one until either it or I die, whichever comes first :) (if you didn't read my old thread, I used to have a Glock 19 but made the mistake of selling it, so I've made up for it!) Good to have my Glock back :)

Pic of course!

[​IMG]

2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Welcome back and congrats on the new G19! :wavey:

3. ranger56528

ranger56528

Congrats on getting back into the 19......Never let mine go...

4. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Nice, I just ordered a G-19 myself, I was going to get a used 2nd gen, but decided on a new 3rd gen because the prices were the same, and parts are more plentiful for the 3rd gen's.
    Like you, I've been through many different brands and calibers. I hope I'm smart enough to keep this one, I outsmarted myself and sold my last G-19 many years ago.
    Now all I (we?) need is a good set of Heinie sights and a whole lot of ammo for practice.

5. Strahley

Strahley

I actually have already ordered an extended slide release lever, 3.5# connector, extended mag release (all Glock of course), and the LW armorer's tool :innocent:

Got lots of ammo to practice on, been stocking up. Need to break this bad boy in!

6. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

That's funny, I guess different strokes for different folks. I took the extended mag release and 3.5 pound connector out of my 17L and replaced them with standard G-17 parts. I like the extended slide release though.
    With the extended mag release it seemed like there was too much potential for accidental mag release for a defensive gun.

7. true believer

true believer Super Moderator Moderator

i sold a few and seem to buy a few more...funny thing is i sold a 26 and a few years later got another one..sold a 30 and a few years later got a 30sf..i sold a 17 and i hope to get another 1 in the future..
    :whistling::supergrin:

8. Strahley

Strahley

I've shot a few hundred rounds through a 30SF that had one, never was a problem for me. The way I hold Glocks though, nothing is in contact with the mag release, it sits in the middle half-circle that my left hand makes