close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Calphalon cookware purchase

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by lwt210, Jun 7, 2004.

1. lwt210

lwt210

Just got back from town and bought a set of Calpahlon cookware, the tri ply stainless.

So how does this stuff hold up? Any thing I need to watch out for as far as care and maintanence is concerned?

Thanks in advance.

2. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

I'm jealous!! I have about 3 pieces of that or similar, and I now refuse to use any other pans or skillets I own. Don't worry about babying them, I don't think, just review the 'owners info' that came w/them and have at it.

'Tis great stuff....... wish I had more pieces.
    m

3. lwt210

lwt210

Don't know if you have one in your area, but I got a pretty good deal on them at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I got a fifty buck rebate that I could use in the store at the time of purchase (wife wanted new flatware so it paid for about half of that) and they were also giving away a set of Calphalon knives (six inch chef and peeler). I was going to give them away as I have a set of Henckels but I ended up keeping them. Pretty good stuff.

We also had a 20 percent off coupon that we got in the mail which didn't exclued Caphalon. They let us use the coupon and the rebate on two seperate transactions which saved us a little scratch.

So far, we are loving this set. Seems like quality stuff. I am into buying the best that I can afford. Seems like every time I do this I end up not regretting it.

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I have one piece of Calphalon and love it!! I don't think you will be sorry.

5. Caretaker

Caretaker GO YANKEES!!!

It is state of the art and the cadillac of cookware calphalon is. i wish i had such good cookware. im a practiced chef who specializes in italian/american cuisine and use garbage cookware in comparison to that kidn fo cookware and do well with what i got. that kind of cookware can only help. but the best of cookware doesnt make for the best of cooks. experiemtn with flavors and ingredients and combinations there of. I never followed anyones recipe. I use recipes as a guide and do my own magic to make it better or convert it to more of my taste and like. it takes thought and time but is alot of fun when yu take a recipe or idea and make it better and see the smiles and looks on peoples eyes and faces when you cook for them and they sink their teeth into something special you made and they love it alot. its a special feeling. good cooking, good fun and good freinds enjoy. ...;f ;f

6. lwt210

lwt210

Yeah, after using this stuff for a few days now I can honestly say that I am pleased with the purchase. I have noticed that we don't have to turn the stove up as hot as before with other cookware. I guess that this stuff heats more efficiently.

We have a small kitchen but it's loaded with good tools/toys. Both the wife and I have become pretty good cooks over the years compared to our families.

They love it when we cook. Hardly could run the last bunch off that came to visit.;f

7. JadedOne

JadedOne

Calphalon will distribute heat more evenly over the cooking surface, which is why you don't have to turn it up quite as high. I myself own about 4 pieces, and I love it. It holds up very well, just don't scratch the finish, by that I mean serious gouges that take chunks of the finish off the inside, not the minor nicks that happen occasionally anyway (if you don't use the right implements in your cookware that is).

8. TwinGlock40z

TwinGlock40z

We got a whole set for a wedding gift not too long ago. i refuse to use anything else. If i knew cooking was that much easier with good stuff, i would have done alot more of it.

9. maxxx93

maxxx93

I only have one piece, a 12" skillet, it quickly became my favorite.

I hope to add more pieces soon.