Calm, cool, and collected....

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by knoxvegasdaddy, Jul 17, 2019.

1. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dAdgZIDnu_s

Don’t know the name of this Trooper, or his years of service. Obviously he has been around the block a time or two.

I’m amazed at the calmness of his voice throughout, but especially after the shooting. He speaks clearly and concisely, no shouting (except the commands), no extra words, no stumbling or stuttering, and knows his exact location, including cross street. Calls it out twice to make sure it was copied, and asks for confirmation that EMS has been dispatched.

Solid! Very professional in the face of adversity.

I would hope that I could do so well in a deadly force encounter.

2. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

3. knoxvegasdaddy

4. Lt. Donn

knoxvegasdaddy likes this.
  5. Lt. Donn

OK...now that I viewed the entire video....I agree with your assessment...obviously NC Troopers are well trained...I was also aware each unit seemed strong and fit w/o any sloppy uniforms, grooming etc...all this speaks to agency standards...I believe each of these incidents, once investigated, should be a part of Mandatory In-Service training...invaluable experience to view, analyze and yes, critique actual incidents...this one should be shown at their academy as well...glad it had a successful ending...any info on the BG...was he terminal?

Arklay Ishimura and Bus007 like this.
  6. dx_caliber

dx_caliber

A few years ago I was going to a call about someone having had their residence shot into overnight. It had long since been over so it wasn't a hot call, essentially just taking a report. I was nearly there when a man down call came out a couple blocks from where I was at, so I broke and headed that way. About the time I'm getting on scene I hear my zone partner pick up the call I just broke from. I'm working my call and I'm fairly engrossed in it as I'm doing CPR and FD is just going on scene when I hear my zone partner come over the air in the calmest voice ever and say, "Shots fired, suspect down, have FD and a couple more units enroute."

He had been getting the victim of the shooting call on a statement when he heard screams coming from down the street. He ran around the corner and saw a guy straddling a woman on the ground in the driveway and actively stabbing her. He plugged him twice and saved her life. His demeanor wasn't really surprising though. He had several years experience on one of the most active SWAT teams in the state. Meanwhile, I work with some people that sound like they're in a fight every time they get on the radio.

pgg00, fla2760 and Arklay Ishimura like this.
  7. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Unless mn winter I have turned engine off ASAP. Mentioned to Officer "ok if I leave car running its -3f". Always get " that's fine".

The aftermath was not as good as initial. Gloves? What do we do? Hot mic. (Can't tell him " good job"...
    Hope they work on stabilizing for future. It might be a Officer, or good citizen hurt.

The idiot...was a total idiot. If you are not legal... Don't speed, drink and drive, be stupid...

Was the car even stolen? Why put gun in glove box? It didn't seem the Officer was enemy upset at being told there was a gun..

One of my pet peeves. Parking on other side of divided highway. Block one road, not both. If copter requested divert traffic that side if large enough open area.

The EMS didn't impress me much. Questioning why the Officer shot? But not asking if anyone else hurt. Fire was checking patient. EMS standing, fixing hair?
    Law Enforcement did great. EMS?.....:(

8. knoxvegasdaddy

Welcome to East Tennessee....last I checked, there are 509,000 active handgun carry permits, which is about 10% of the legal, carry aged population. Tennessee also has reciprocity with every bordering state, and the area this took place in closely borders NC, SC, and VA.

LOTS of guns in the area.

I’ve been stopped armed about 8 times, only been disarmed twice. One was a nervous nelly, the other was a legit case of mistaken identity, as my van matched the description of a vehicle used in a home invasion the day prior. I woulda disarmed me too, knowing the situation.

Every other stop, same reaction: “Cool, where is it? OK, just leave it there. Thanks for telling me.”

9. larry_minn

But I understood from driver he said he was not supposed to have a gun. It wasn't real clear. "I have a carry permit, am armed" is one thing "I am not allowed to have a gun in my possession, but I have one". Slightly different.

10. Arklay Ishimura

Arklay Ishimura Relocating to Missouri if God allows.

Cops being professional legends as usual. He wasn't even too concerned with the declaration of the firearm and seemed like he just wanted to talk guns for a second LOL. Gave the driver plenty of chances to knock off reaching for the weapon. His actual operation of his service weapon was outstanding to watch as well. Ya'all natural born LEOs are awesome and as I've said before, eff the cop haters.

fla2760 and larry_minn like this.
  11. Keith E.

Keith E.

1. I believe that this took place in North Carolina as he is contacting Raleigh on the radio. Then there's also the NCHP uniforms. :)

2. Again, IMHO, the Trooper was "cool" until the individual didn't follow lawful commands made by the Trooper.

IMHO, also refreshing not to see 2 or 3 mag dumps.

Keith

Mr Meeseeks and Arklay Ishimura like this.
  12. Arklay Ishimura

Arklay Ishimura Relocating to Missouri if God allows.

Can definitely see North Carolina plates.

13. 1L26

1L26

Did I miss something? Did the SUSPECT survive?

14. larry_minn

So he lived to be stupid again. He goes for a BB gun? Imp glad they mentioned it didn't have a orange tip. But who cares as far as shooting. You point a realistic looking gun with a orange tip at me in manner that makes me think you mean to harm me. I hope your affairs are in order.
    Two things I hear about orange barrel tips.. 1 st people remove it, cover the orange to make the gun look more real.
    2. People add it to cause the Police, home owner to maybe hesitate.

15. knoxvegasdaddy

You are correct on him being NC Trooper.

It’s tiny on my ipad, but you’re right, now that I look again, I can see a NC patch on the Troopers left shoulder in the opening frame of the video. Also, the guy has that distinct SC “low country” accent. But I found the video after I searched “Knoxville police”, saw the tan uniform shirts, and thought that was taking place in TN.

I woulda lost a bet, as I would have sworn that NC troopers wore the gray/blue color scheme. Tennessee Troopers wear tan/green color scheme.

Keith E. likes this.