Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· F.S.F.O.S.
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Until I Gota 29
3,063 Posts
I would be very proud to see my wax tube thread get stickied. I would rather it get stickied here in the 10 Ring, if that's possible. That would make all the pictures show up live instead of links. For some reason, the 10mm Reloading Forum doesn't work with pictures. I'm hoping to have some more results this week (155gr Gold Dot).

I think the deer hunting thread would be a great addition, too. I'm going to try deer hunting this year, but really don't even know where to start. The only hunting I've done is shotgun bird hunting, and I haven't done that in years. I guess I just need to do a bunch of research on how to start hunting and all, because I REALLY want to do it this year. Nick, if I harvest a deer this year, you know I'll write all about it!

· F.S.F.O.S.
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the deer hunting thread would be a great addition, too. I'm going to try deer hunting this year, but really don't even know where to start. The only hunting I've done is shotgun bird hunting, and I haven't done that in years. I guess I just need to do a bunch of research on how to start hunting and all, because I REALLY want to do it this year. Nick, if I harvest a deer this year, you know I'll write all about it!
Yes, sir! You know I'll write all about mine this year, too! I'm almost guaranteed to get one this year, as I have three places to hunt instead of just one.... and two of the places have higher deer numbers... and ONE of the places is high deer numbers AND private land.

Should be good!

· Registered
218 Posts
I would like to change the title from Deer hunting thread to just Hunting thread to include Hogs, Lions, Bears, or whatever.

· F.S.F.O.S.
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nick, maybe a good idea, the 10 Ring doesn't appear to have had a Mod for awhile now.
Yep, I did a while ago... we'll see if he gets back to us.

· Registered
10,984 Posts
I can use a 10MM handgun for deer here in IL, BUT, it can't be one of my Glocks. Single shot or revolver, no semi-autos need apply.
No problem, the 6 1/2" S&W 610 fills the bill nicely, minimal felt recoil (it IS an "N" frame) with excellent accuracy. All on a 8" paper plate @ 75 yds. wrist suppported, hand held, open sights.
I can't SEE any better than that !

We shall see.

uncle albert

· F.S.F.O.S.
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can use a 10MM handgun for deer here in IL, BUT, it can't be one of my Glocks. Single shot or revolver, no semi-autos need apply.
No problem, the 6 1/2" S&W 610 fills the bill nicely, minimal felt recoil (it IS an "N" frame) with excellent accuracy. All on a 8" paper plate @ 75 yds. wrist suppported, hand held, open sights.
I can't SEE any better than that !

We shall see.

uncle albert
I can use a 10mm here in MO and can ALSO use an auto so long as the mag doesn't hold more than 10. I always use an 8rd 1911 but if I wanted to use my G20 I'd just buy a 10rd mag for it.

· Registered
10,984 Posts
If I could use a semi-auto for deer here in IL, no choice involved or needed.....

Series 180 .44 Pasadena AutoMag ! (yeah, I shoot mine, it's not a safe queen)

uncle albert

· Biggest Member
2,539 Posts
I think if moderator mcnett stepped forward he may have to actually answer for his ammo not living up to its specs!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.