Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
My buddy is a first rate Star Wars NERD! I mean he can go into detail on every aspect of it. It gives me a headache after about 4 minutes of hearing him discuss whether Baby Yoda is of the same species or is a clone of Yoda himself.
Anyway, I told him I remembered seeing a fan made light saber duel made by a fan that was incredible. It was before the first of the last 3 movies came out, I think. They were in a wooded area, maybe snow on the ground, and it was almost as good as what was in the actual films.
I’m hoping this jogs someone’s memory cause I told him I’d find it and send him a link to it.
Ring any bells guys??
Help if you can.
Thank you.
Larry

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha!!!!

great videos!!

larry

Reactions: spork

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys (and gals, if there are any Star Wars Nerd Chicks here) for the very entertaining videos. Really incredible stuff. Some of these really look damned great.

What I’d like to know is HOW they do it. Are they cutting and pasting backgrounds, characters, scenery, etc. from the films and then using specialized software to animate it or change them to how they want them OR are they creating all this from scratch with some great computer technology and software??

What’s going to be fun to see is that in the next few years the software to do this is gonna become more powerful and flexible AND less expensive and the computing power and storage needed will also be more affordable thus putting this technology in the hands and minds of MANY MORE creative people allowing them to not only do a takeoff of Star Wars, or whatever film they want, but also be able to create films and characters exactly how THEY want them and see them in their minds.
We’ll have films with no real actors, but whatever the people behind the keyboards envision.

I hope I live long enough to see how cool this will be in the year 2040 or so. How awesome will that be!!

thanks again everyone. larry

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don’t know if the one I am thinking of is here or not. I haven’t had time to watch them all. I’ll get to that tonight. I’ll enjoy them too. I especially like the funny ones.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Find an open Game Stop store.

You can waste a lot of money on "collectable " crap in there.

Bet they'll have exactly what you're looking for.

·
NRA Life Member
29,351 Posts
I can't believe you guys. Nobody has said it yet.

Happy Star Wars Day

1 - 20 of 20 Posts