close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Called the listed dealer

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by goosedowner1, Mar 15, 2010.

1. goosedowner1

goosedowner1

After checking out the GSSF web site I was pleased to see a dealer listed that was only about an hour away from my home. I called the store and the guy that answered the phone didn't have a clue about the program so he put the owner on the line and he didn't sound like he knew what was going on either. I proceeded to fill him in about the program and told him what the listed price was on the GSSF web site he just laughed and said I don't think so, I pay more then that for them and I'm not going to sell them at a loss.
    So much for a drive to GSSF dealer. I'll call the GSSF office tomorrow and see what they have to say. That's kind of sucks, I was looking forward to shooting a new Gen 4 G17 this weekend:crying:

2. James Dean

James Dean

I called mine and was told he diden't have a G19 OD in stock and if he ordered it I could not get the GSSF price. I'm just going to deal with Ed's online and have it sent to my FFL next month. Here in NJ we can only buy one gun a month and I bought a G17 Gen 4 last week.

3. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

hey goose - where do you live (state).

I know here in Tx at Cheaper than Dirt there is a known problem with new sales rep not knowing what is going on.

As per Donna at GSSF - if you run into this issue call her and let her know so she can get this straightend out for you.

4. goosedowner1

goosedowner1

I live in Pa and it was a small local shop.

5. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

A lot of Dealers don't know about the new program yet.

6. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

You need to keep looking until you find one that will honor the discount. I called my local dealers until I found one that actually honor the coupon price and got this:
    [​IMG]

Got my Gen4G17 for $398.20 from GT Distributors. Cheaper than Dirt sucks.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  7. goosedowner1

goosedowner1

I called GSSF today and they said not all of the info packets that the dealers get have been sent out yet and that's why the store didn't know whats going on.
    I was going to call another dealer on the list and have it shipped to a local FFL holder but when I got back on the GSSF web site the listing for the participating dealers had been taken off the web site. Maybe it will be back up after April 1st.

Giggity-Giggity I called GT distributors this afternoon and they can only ship Glocks to OK and TX :crying:

8. buckslayer

buckslayer 3 x Combat Vet

That stinks! I don't have many options here in Minnesota either.

9. rdpower

rdpower

I live in PA also, called Glock they gave me two numbers one in Nanicoke and one in Scranton. I called the Nanicoke dealer and the first person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about and gave me to someone else that person said they would charge me $40.00 over the price of the gun ($35.00 for transfer $5.00 pic) plus tax. Scranton dealer said they no longer sell guns. This program sucks!

10. aperdue

aperdue

You can try OMBGUNS.COM, they will ship to your dealer, but right now, you have to have the pistol purchase certificate for them, and there is a wait on the more popular models.

11. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

This new process has been far from flawless. I called OMB too; they ONLY honor the GSSF price with the certificate; called GSSF and was told they do not send the certificates out anymore. Then on top of that, the closest match to me this year is at least an 8 hour drive, one way. :crying:

I am appreciative of GSSF; however there are a few bumps in the process.

12. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

I feel your pain brother.

13. rwschill

rwschill

If you are having trouble finding the GSSF program near you just call Ed's in Stockbridge GA and your gun will be at your local FFL (does not to be in GSSF program) the next day. Sales tax offsets transfer fee and so price is about same as local GSSF dealer and no hassle. Ed's seems to have a lot of guns in stock and no extra charge on credit cards. $15 shipping. I bought from Rebecca and it could not have been smoother.

14. coondog22554

coondog22554 Lifetime Member

+1 for Ed's Public Safety.

15. JohnnyL

JohnnyL

Emily was my sales person and the transaction couldn't be more smoother for my order of a g26. Highly recommended.

16. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

UPDATE:
    Called GSSF last week for a little insight. They were very helpful and suggested I contact Don @ Ed's. Called Don, worked with me on a couple of unusual issues and wham bam! He took care of me! Will pick up the new G32 tomorrow or Wednesday from my local FFL!

Call Ed's for assistance!

+1000

:rock:

17. Olivers_AR

Olivers_AR

Another +1 for Ed's Public Safety. Had to use my 09 GSSF certificate before it ran out. Called them on Saturday, faxed GSSF certificate, NOVA Armament in Herndon, VA, to fax the FFL info and picked it up on Tuesday.

Thanks Ed's, NOVA Armament, and of course GSSF :cool:

18. tydefan05

tydefan05

It's a shame they are getting rid of the old system and going to the new system because it "allows for more shops to be able to accommodate the program". At least that's one of a couple of reasons I've heard repeated. Tennessee, a border state of Georgia, has 1 dealer in the entire state (that's what I was told when I called on Monday). A gun friendly state of 6 million folks and we only have 1GSSF friendly dealer...I feel sorry for those folks (like me) who don't live close to Knoxville. Oh well, it's still a good program for those who don't live too far away.

19. goosedowner1

goosedowner1

I was cleaning my gun room Saturday and found my old cert so I'm faxing it to OMB tomorrow for a new Gen 4 G17.

20. rolado

rolado

Mailed my certificate to OMB today. I called first and was told that I had to mail it, could not fax it as they needed the original copy.