Californian wanting to buy 21 SF

Discussion in 'California Glockers' started by SubSolar, Jun 26, 2007.

1. SubSolar

SubSolar Guest

Has anyone in California bought a G21 SF yet? Is so where did you buy it from? I haven't been able to find a store (brick and mortar or online) to buy it. I know it was just approved in California so it may take awhile before stores get it. All of the ones I see online to buy won't ship to California either, probably because they come with 13 round magazines. Do they even have the 10 round SF magazines yet? I'm almost positive I want to purchase this gun, but I do want to feel it first if I can. The only thing I'm worried about is if the ambidextrous magazine release will bother my trigger finger.

2. placetm

placetm Guest

Yeah I have seen several in the shops around here, are you in Nor-cal or So-cal? If you are in Nor-cal I can tell you several places.

3. Mamaluke

Mamaluke

Martin B. Retting in Culver City has them in stock.

4. SubSolar

SubSolar Guest

Southern California, Corona actually. Culver City is not too far I guess.

5. wesley

wesley

your local dealer should be able to order it to.

6. styx612

styx612 Guest

I found a couple of online places that have what seem like good prices. I am not sure if I am supposed to post business links like that so let me know and I will get that info to you.

I currently have a G21c 3rd Gen and am thinking of selling that and getting the SF. It feels GREAT in the hand...and mind you I have large hands. More like the G17 I have, and G26 which I will have.

7. M4inCA

M4inCA pho_kit_all

Got mine here in San Diego. Picked it up from Royal Loan on Monday, have not had a chance to go to the range yet.

So far, I like it!

8. SomeDay

SomeDay

Where is Royal Loan located?

9. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

They had 2 today. I also saw one at Ammo Bros. recently but it might've been sold. It's closer to you by about 30 min if they restock it.

10. SubSolar

SubSolar Guest

I've called most of the gun stores that people recommend in this forum and the only place I can find that has it is Martin B Redding. However, they say that you can only get the standard rail 21 SF because the Picatanny isn't California approved. Can anyone confirm this? If this is true, do you think the Picattany will be approved later? I don't see why California would ban it. I doubt I'll use any accessories but I just think the Picattany makes it look meaner. :) Also, does anyone know any other stores in LA, OC or Inland Empire that have the new 21 SF?

11. kpblade

kpblade CLM

Turners has them as their warehouse as of 6/27. I confirmed this with 2 stores, though they don't seem to have them at their stores yet. They have the pic rail, they don't know anything about the glock rail version. One store quoted $619.99.

12. SubSolar

SubSolar Guest

Wow, really? I hope they are correct (I've heard of people ordering from Turner's and getting the wrong model). I'll go by tomorrow and order if they can get me the pic rail. But if you go here: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov and search for Glock it comes up with:

21SF-STD / Steel, Polymer Pistol 4.6" .45 ACP 6/14/2008

Not sure if STD refers to the type of Glock rail or what.

13. M4inCA

M4inCA pho_kit_all

El Cajon Blvd and the I-805

BTW, the 21SF has the glock rail.

14. SomeDay

SomeDay

That's literally down the road from where I live. Never noticed it. I'll have to take a look.

15. missinghood

missinghood Guest