Home > Political & Other Important Issues > Political Issues > CALIFORNIA TO CLERGY: embrace the LGBT lifestyle

CALIFORNIA TO CLERGY: embrace the LGBT lifestyle

1. https://en-volve.com/2019/09/17/war...y-waged-war-against-your-freedom-of-religion/

CBN NEWS – California Senate passed a resolution telling Christian clergy to accept and support LGBTQ ideology, even if doing so violates their Christian beliefs.

Assembly Concurrent Resolution 99 (ACR-99) was introduced by Democratic state Assemblyman Evan Low of San Jose on June 4 as a way to gather support for LGBTQ identity and behaviors.

The resolution also condemns counseling for unwanted same-sex attraction or gender confusion, known as conversion therapy.

The bill says “California law recognizes that performing conversion therapy on young persons is ineffective, unethical, and harmful. Conversion therapy has been rejected as ineffective, unethical, and harmful by leading medical, mental health, and child welfare organizations in the United States.”

The resolution also seeks to reduce the stigma that society, therapists, and religious groups allegedly inflict upon those within the LGBTQ community.

ACR-99 proclaims that stigmatizing has caused “disproportionately high rates of suicide, attempted suicide, depression, rejection, and isolation amongst LGBTQ and questioning individuals. The State of California has a compelling interest in protecting the physical and psychological well-being of minors, including LGBTQ youth.”

This just shows you the arrogance of Democrats in California, that they presume to tell Christians what we should believe, even if it conflicts with church teachings. And it absolutely does, in this case.

The last paragraph about suicides left something out. The resolution actually blames Christians, in part, for the high rates of suicide among LGBTers:

The stigma associated with being LGBTQ often created by groups in society, including therapists and religious groups, has caused disproportionately high rates of suicide, attempted suicide, depression, rejection, and isolation amongst LGBTQ and questioning individuals;

That’s right from the text of the resolution. And this, along with their ban of so-called ‘conversion therapy’ and their call for Christians to accept homosexuality borders on the fascistic.

2. tenor (2).gif

3. WTF NEWS: HEY CALIFORNIA - FU!!!! And the broom you rode in on.

4. Coming soon to California: Mainstreaming of Pedophilia.

Mark my words.

5. Further proof that California operates outside of our laws and Constitution...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

And what is the penalty for violating this resolution? Maybe re-education camps, like China? The march to the left continues.

6. They put themselves above God.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

7. Lordy that sounds very Nazi-ish. Jeanderson summed it up well.

8. To the left, there is no God. Freedom of religion is freedom from religion to these people.

9. That earthquake can’t come fast enough.

10. this will eventually get much worse, fewer people going to church or having any belief in religion. Christians will have to worship in their homes and hide their bibles because it will be declared hate speech... if there are any children in the home they could be taken by the state so as to not expose them to such teachings.

11. Yep. DemocRATs honor no religion. The democRAT ideology IS the religion of those with the liberal mindset. Nothing matters to democRATs but the party...nothing but the party.

The D after their names really does stand for "Despicable".

I'd rather claim to be a child molester than claim to be a democRAT. They are higher up on the food chain.

12. ACR-99 proclaims that stigmatizing has caused “disproportionately high rates of suicide, attempted suicide, depression, rejection, and isolation amongst LGBTQ and questioning individuals."

There is evidence that shows gender confused individuals have higher rates of attempted suicide. The proclamation that the stigmatizing of these individuals is the root cause of higher rates of suicide is totally unfounded. Perhaps they want to kill themselves because they see that they're not actually the gender they say they are, but that's a different problem.

"The State of California has a compelling interest in protecting the physical and psychological well-being of minors, including LGBTQ youth.”

^^^ "LGBTQ youth". This is what is most disturbing. Young, developing minds are very malleable. Kids constantly ask their parents what is right and what is wrong, because they don't know. They're kids, and don't know right from wrong. They need to be taught. If little Johnny starts putting on mom's high heels and is trying on dresses, the parents need to correct that behavior. Just because a child acts in a certain manner, doesn't mean you just let them go, and that they've made a critical life choice at the age of 5 or 6.

There is discipline and there still exists the concept of raising a child. Children aren't just tossed to the wind, to do whatever they please, and then have the state step in and "protect" the well-being of that child by letting them develop, grow and mature under whatever ill-conceived notion pops into their young brains.

This thinking is precisely what Melissa Harris-Perry said years ago, on MSNBC...

“We’ve always had kind of a private notion of children. Your kid is yours, and your responsibility. We haven’t had a very collective notion of ‘These are our children.’ So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that ‘kids belong to their parents’ or ‘kids belong to their families,’ and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.”

^^^ Got that? CA, like this vacuous twit, are saying the state takes care of kids. Not parents. No matter what a child does, no matter what gender they think they are, CA is right there to "protect" that child.

13. You Commiefornians must be proud that your tax money pays the salaries of these leftist idiots. Glad to see them really tackling the tough issues that face their state :)

14. They should be doing something about CalPERS but that is difficult and politically toxic. Latest estimates are that CalPERS is underfunded by $138 billion. The system covers the pensions of 1.8 million Californians and is mostly funded by taxpayer money. Sorry for anyone reading this that is part of the system, but CA is more interested in the LGBTQ lifestyles of children than they are looking after your retirement.

https://www.newsmax.com/Finance/Str...n-california-retirement/2017/12/06/id/830223/

15. No different than Oregon. Big government is a huge mistake!

16. They may find some support among clergy regarding that issue.

17. Freedom of religion?

18. Wow, the state taking over the church. The church should fight this one.......... they'd win

19. The nation that forgets God shall be turned into Hell. California is well on its way. When one draws their last breath, GOD wins.

20. Yeah, good luck with that.

21. It already is in Hollywood if rumors are to be believed.

22. No kidding, that’s a first amendment case if there ever was one.

Guarantee Islam is exempt.

23. Low's bill in 2018, AB 2943, was ordered to the inactive file at the request of Assembly Member Low, and died on the inactive file. He's passionate about this subject, and it's obviously a very personal one for him.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05/27/evan-low-lgbt-conversion-therapy-california/

The public background info on this local-born Assemblyman includes at least one speculative article mentioning him being one of several young potential 2024 presidential candidates for the Dem's.

24. Maybe it’s time to start up the Crusades again and free the people of California?

25. Fascism is the imposition of a worldview through threats and intimidation, and accompanied forcible suppression of opposition.

Hmm. Sounds like the Democrat party.

26. Are they making the same demands of the Muslim clerics in Cali?

27. It will have to through the Liberal 9th Circuit first, but SCOTUS will make this one crash and burn.

28. Yes -- the "cause and effect" thing is about as screwed up, in the minds of leftists, as is "Climate Change."

Do they even bother to consider that people who suffer these forms of dysporia to begin with, are also more prone to be suicidal? :headscratch:

29. The good people of California need to save themselves..

30. I hope the clergy don’t give in...

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.“

- Matthew 18:6

31. Excellent point. If not, then this bill won't survive any scrutiny.

32. Are the lgbtq and Christians welcome in the Mosques? Is CA addressing that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

33. We are to love them not condone their behavior.

34. Have you read the Assembly Concurrent Resolution 99 (ACR-99)?

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200ACR99

"Resolved, That the Legislature calls upon religious leaders to counsel on LGBTQ matters from a place of love, compassion, and knowledge of the psychological and other harms of conversion therapy; and be it further

Resolved, That in addressing the stigma often associated with persons who identify as LGBTQ, we call on the people of California–especially its counselors, pastors, religious workers, educators, and legislators–and the institutions of California with great moral influence–especially its churches, universities, colleges, and other schools, counseling centers, activist groups, and religious centers–to model equitable treatment of all people of the state; and be it further"

Rather sounds like any and all churches and religious centers are included.

Besides, just because the posted article presents one claimed Christian reaction to how it perceives the resolution, that doesn't mean other organized religions and religious centers might not have their own perception and reaction to it.

It's a Resolution.

35. The Devil's menions in Commiefornia have put this out as a distraction from something far worse they will try to sneak under the radar for Satan. Knowing that this cannot withstand a fair court hearing.

36. As an avowed agnostic, I would support Christians against Democrats any day of the week.

How about a resolution for public school teachers to treat white male students from a place of "love, compassion, and understanding."

37. Sorta like a Western Yazidi group. The ones in __________ that the muslims were genociding?

38. GOD will stop it ,just wait and see.

39. The “clergy” will be happy to sign on to the sodomites but the Preachers will tell them where to go.

40. Speaking of Islam: Don't think mainline Islam is any official friend of LGBT lifestyle. I may be wrong.

41. Apparently they do not understand "freedom of religion". Kommiefornia is a ******* SH*thole.

42. There must still be at least 10 righteous people left in CA ...

43. Yes, I did.

Preceding paragraphs address conversion therapy. The paragraph you cited refers to pastors, who are ministers leading Christiain churches. I don't see any mention of imams, mullahs or rabbis for that matter.

So yes, I read it as specifically directed at Christians. Not defemding conversion therapy, and I am not a Christian myself.

I see this though as one more attack on Christians, and therefore on America.

44. My point exactly.

45. There’s some great people in N. California and even a few decent nomads in S.California. It is said even Hollywood’s entertainment industry has Christians in it. Obviously they’re ashamed to tell anyone or Hollywood would run them out.

46. So there’s no such thing as queer Islam? Didn’t Sinead O’Conner sign up to Islam? She knows more about riding a carpet than Aladdin did.

47. She does have an interesting way of getting flossing.

48. Not any more. Its now freedom from religion

49. My brother lives near Sacramento and says all of his friends there are conservative. Problem is there are just so damn many leftists.

50. As you already know, a resolution is not a law. So, of course, there is no penalty.

For some reason, people like to have resolutions passed - nuclear free city, refuge city, and so forth. Not quite a law, but still gives a warm and fuzzy feeling that something has been done.

Analogy.

There are city trucks that have city bumper stickers: "There is no excuse for domestic violence". I couldn't figure out why the city was putting the signage on vehicles. People had gone through life and their parents, teachers, religious figures had never told them that they shouldn't engage in domestic violence? My sister said that it was a reminder. Well, ok. I think differently, that the people who engage in domestic violence aren't influenced by a sticker.

Now, back to the state resolution. If you haven't figured out by now that you should be honest, real and respectful of other people, passing a resolution to tell you to be so isn't going to have any effect. And, I doubt that many people will ever read this resolution that can not be stuck on a state vehicle.

If you already slur other people or physically attack them because you don't like their religion, lifestyle (when you don't have it shoved in your face), political party affiliation (wear a Make America Great Again hat gives permission to bash the person), advocate beating women because they are inferior to men, and so forth, you already are going to ignore any such resolution.