Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the only difference the ten round mags? The CA pistols don't have the internal lock, do they?

I went to see my local dealer to see if he could procure for me an OD G32. No luck. Not many G32s to be had anywhere apparently, let alone an OD (and I don't want to special order - I don't like waiting). So... I ended up having him bring one in from his distributor - A California compliant G32, black.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a CA G17 (because I live in CA). And from what I have seen, there is no difference besides the capacity of the magazine. The backstrap lock is something I think you have to have your local dealer special order. I don't think (or at least I haven't seen) many dealers stock them on average.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think they have catalytic converters on them too :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
The G17L/24 and the G21SF with ambi-release are not approved in California. You can get the G21sf with the regular release for civilians. As far as I know, everything else without the h-caps are ok.

·
Registered
90 Posts
and flowers and liberal saying engravings on them. Wait thats the new model coming out after the first of the year. :dunno:

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
I think they have catalytic converters on them too :)
Flexfuel only.

and flowers and liberal saying engravings on them. Wait thats the new model coming out after the first of the year. :dunno:
Hybrids only after Jan. 1 , 2009 with liberal locks, and anti lock brakes for the projectiles:rofl:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I thought the difference was the "Known to Cause Cancer in The State of California" sticker.
LOL!

I dont think there is any difference.. You gotta love that letter they come with from the MASS attorney general, basically stating we hate you for buying this gun.. we hate you too.:supergrin:

MASS ATTORNEY GENERAL said:
"This handgun is not equipped with a device that fully blocks use by unauthorized users. More than 200,000 handguns like this one are stolen from their owners every year in the United States. In addition, there are more than a thousand suicides each year by younger children and teenagers who get access to firearms. Hundreds more die from accidental discharge. It is likely that many more children sustain serious wounds, or inflict such wounds accidentally on others. In order to limit the chance of such misuse, it is imperative that you keep this weapon locked in a secure place and take other steps necessary to limit the possibility of theft or accident. Failure to take reasonable preventive steps may result in innocent lives being lost, and in some circumstances may result in your liability for these deaths."

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
California thought Clinton's 1994 crime bill was such a good idea, they just adopted it. Haven't you good people noticed that you no longer have crime?
At

·
Registered
986 Posts
California thought Clinton's 1994 crime bill was such a good idea, they just adopted it. Haven't you good people noticed that you no longer have crime?
At
Yeah, I mean that bill saved so many babies in this state..:upeyes:

What ass holes we have here.. How could they ever believe that these bans really do anything.. It's just another feel good ban. I can't wait to get out of California.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Don't forget you'll have to have your gun fitted for micro-stamping soon!

Sheesh! I live right next to California. Don't even want to go there anymore. Everyone's moving over here bringing their wannabe gangbanger kids, air pollution, and telling us to quit smoking.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Don't forget you'll have to have your gun fitted for micro-stamping soon!

Sheesh! I live right next to California. Don't even want to go there anymore. Everyone's moving over here bringing their wannabe gangbanger kids, air pollution, and telling us to quit smoking.
I am sorry dude.. I know those people need to come back here, and let me move over. I don't have any kids, and I don't care if you smoke... Plus I will continue to vote to preserve your right to own AK's, AR's, and other NFA goodies...

·
Glock Genius.
662 Posts
I am sorry dude.. I know those people need to come back here, and let me move over. I don't have any kids, and I don't care if you smoke... Plus I will continue to vote to preserve your right to own AK's, AR's, and other NFA goodies...
Ditto...

·
Proud Infidel
1,626 Posts
all ca glocks come with a mandatory neutering device (ten round mag). other than that they're the same.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts