Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Upgrayedd, Sep 23, 2020.
Illegal aliens will be exempt.
You guys don't understand.
1. With the state budget in crisis;
2. With fires out of control;
3. With a lack of gumption to point out that less than 5% of the deaths attributable to the virus in Los Angeles (assuming that they died of it) were of people with absolutely no already diagnosed underlying major medical disability and get the economy opened;
4. With an inability to focus on prosecuting rioters at the usual locations in Berkeley and Oakland, CA;
5. his unenforceable EXECUTIVE ORDER is a demonstration of his concern for the environment.
Of course he won't be around in 10 years.
Response from Los Angeles:
1. at the end of my block is a row of rental houses. 3, with out of state plates were vacated this month.
2. I am on a dead end street. There is a hill. At the top of the hill is a long street that is not maintained because of the lack of houses on both sides of that street. Walk by at night. Always one or two people with out of state plates living there.
3. Most of a regional shopping center was bought by Google. Multiple high rises constructed on what used to be one story restaurant lots. Out of state kids migrating to LA.
Austin. Los Angeles. People move to where they think the jobs will be. They don't move on the basis of politics unless they are older and wiser. Historically, the older and wiser Californians were moving out of state to lower tax areas. However, those areas change. When I went through Phoenix in 1957, it was one lane on each side of the major east-west US highway. Now, that area is the 5th largest metropolitan area in the country. My mentor moved there in the 1980s and moved out to a less taxed area about 5 years ago.
This does not make the idea any less idiotic.
Newsom is setting himself up for 2024.
Put that on a trailer and you are set!
Of course a diesel is more fuel efficient than a gasoline engine and fuel oil is cheaper to produce and then run it at a constant RPM and both the fuel use goes down and the emissions go down. probably just a back-up to the Electric Powered Recharging Stations.
Were I am on Long Island, probably 1 in 10 cars is a Tesla, 1 in 10 a Prius or other Hybrid and 1 in ten a Range Rover or Porche SUV. Big spead in fuel use.
The balance is a mix of Taho's, other large SUVs, Lamborginis, Ferrari's, Bently's, Rolls's and all the normal cars that us regular folks drive.
I did. This is the first I’ve heard they had to be disposed of as hazmat.
They contain Mercury. Most people do not know that, and that they should be disposed of properly. Also if you break one it is a health risk beyond just getting cut. You could get mercury in the wound and/or breath it as well, not good.
Ever see what a lithium mine does to the planet? Not so eco friendly.
He will be in DC screwing all the states.
There may be a chance of it being somewhat feasible in 15 years.
Tesla recently stated they where putting out a 25k model.
They just have to build charging stations everywhere.
They even have an 18 wheeler in the works, as do several other companies.
Methanol. The newest konigsegg can run on straight methanol. The air coming out of the exhaust is actually cleaner than the in comming air if you drive in the city. Methanol can be produced by genetically engineered algee.
Bio-diesel, just about any vegetable oil will run a diesel engine.
Natural gas burns very clean, as does propane.
It's a complete fantasy.
California has neither the electrical power production, or distribution, to support "charging stations everywhere".
It's just impossible. Completely impossible.
Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results = INSANITY
Doing the same thing over and over again with millions of people and expecting different results = CALIFORNIA
There is less mercury in a CFL than in a can of tuna. R-E-L-A-X.
Just had a vision of a police chase with the officers in a Prius!!! Maybe it’ll be safer?
I am not worried about it, I am just explaining why they want you to dispose of it properly. Feel free to eat them just like can of Tuna if you like.