Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of January 1 in California you can’t get ammo mail order direct, but have to go through an FFL, just like guns.

I’ve been looking, but can’t find any mail order stores set up to sell through a local FFL. Anyone aware of any? I can’t get what I want locally.

Yes, getting into reloading, too.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Well I hope you have stocked up quite a bit on your needs. I have seen notices on more than a few major online ammo sellers that Dec 25, 2017 is the last day they will sell and ship ammo to California.

I would be surprised to see any online ammo dealer sell to California addresses for a least a while if ever as it just would not be worth it for them considering the possibilities of California taking legal action against them if everything is not done perfectly and then some not to mention the hassles involved for them and costs they would need to pass on to California buyers would most likely make it cheaper for them to buy locally in state.

Is the whole new ammo licensing infrastructure in place yet in California? Have you applied to get your license to buy ammo? Are stores ready with the requirements on their end including their licensing and having the ability to do the needed background checks and recording of information for ammo purchases?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I hope you have stocked up quite a bit on your needs.

I would be surprised to see any online ammo dealer sell to California addresses for a least a while if ever as it just would not be worth it for them considering the possibilities of California taking legal action against them if everything is not done perfectly and then some.

Is the whole new ammo licensing infrastructure in place yet in California? Have you applied to get your license to buy ammo? Are stores ready with the requirements on their end including their licensing and having the ability to do the needed background checks and recording of information for ammo purchases?
8,000 rounds, but I like to replenish as I use it.

If they sell guns mail order, don’t know why they wouldn’t sell ammo.

No idea about the infrastructure, but stores already have anmo in glass front cases now.

What a pain.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
A combined meaning, not word.
Combined words are a conjunction.

Did you read what I just posted? I just copy&pasted the official meaning of the hyphen. It JOINS words.

Go open a word document, add words that include hyphens, and do a word count. You will find out that those words including hyphens will count as ONE word and not two or more.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's not even a misdemeanor if you get caught.
  • Importing ammunition – Californians must go to an ammunition vendor that has been approved by the DOJ. If a resident orders ammunition from a website, the ammo in question must be sent to an approved vendor for the consumer to pick up. Purchasing ammunition out of state and then returning to California runs the risk of carrying a misdemeanor charge of transporting ammo across state lines.
https://www.policeone.com/police-pr...hat-to-expect-with-Californias-new-ammo-laws/

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.